• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: F4 PCB boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

Newbie posting!

Not only am I newbie here at diyAudio, I am green as grass when it comes to DIY in general. So what is a newbie to do? Jump right in of course!

I just purchased some boards from peter last evening and I am excited! I will be leaning on some of you for help in the coming weeks/months, but I will research and try to ask good questions. Still, there will be those moments....:eek:

Btw, does someone have a set of matched fet's I could buy for my F4 clone project?

Bsuhy--I live 50 miles down 37 and work in Indy, but I can't email you until I've finished my mod time..............................

Cheers to all and have a safe and Happy New Year!

Gary

Matched mosfets

Just to give you another option ...

I purchased mine from Jack (member of this forum, jackinnj) at The Company Store. I have no vested interest in his business, but he has always been very responsive and reliable. I believe his prices are substantially less than the previous two options listed. (Edit: there appears to be some confusion in the price quote I received from landoctor and the price quoted in the links above for matched fets ... so my comment on prices should be verified for yourself) I also purchased input jfets for my F-4 from his site. Here's the link:

http://tech-diy.com/hexfets.htm

Hope that helps.

Ryan

F4 Amp next...

Hi,

I have completed board for F1 Amps.

Now I am starting with F4 Amps..

:) will keep you all updated as I progress.

I will be making this PCB from scratch, i.e draw schematic (from Manual) and re design as per PCB layout given in Manual.

Thanks
suds

There was a question how to use the PS boards with adjustable regulators for low current applications.

Attached picture shows it for LM317 (top) and LM337 (bottom), the orientation and placement of TO-220 regulators is critical as the supply boards work with symetrical voltages.

The other parts values are according to schematic in a picture:

R1/R3 = 120R
R2/R4: adjustable 2K, can be later replaced with a fixed value
C1-C4 = 0.1uF (optional, any other small value should work fine too))
C5/C6 = 10uF

The diodes placement was discussed here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1237672#post1237672 ; choose any suitable values for large caps. Although grounds are shown as common in a schematic (courtesy of National Semi), they are kept separately on my boards.

That arrangement is also good for LT1086/LT1033.

The other two spots are reserved for LM78xx/LM79xx

Attachments

• reg.jpg
    reg.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 814
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.