wooden box for preamp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
cowanrg said:
hum, sounds good, but i dont know what i would do for a top and bottom plate... im thinking about standard component width, and 12" deep. (it will have a battery power supply that is HUGE). i would have to use a couple pieces together for the top. the bottom isnt a big deal, i can use whatever... maybe veneer is my best option.

So you're planning to put the amps and the power supply in one big chassis? How 'bout one chassis for the power supply and two smaller modules for each of the amps?

se

its a preamp. and i dont want to do separate chassis. that is the reason for the shielding. effectively, the inside will be two boxes, each isolated from eachother. but i want a single box preamp.

for amps, 3 boxes would be nice, but since its a battery powered preamp, i wont have as much interference. im just going to throw the transformer for the charger in a metal box inside the preamp case, it will be 100% isolated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.