Why Would Anyone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I'll expand on my last comments. Last week, two most gracious hosts served two pizzas that were unlike anything my wife and I have tried in our local neck of the woods or any other woods (please, no jokes about possum pizza, ok?). My 3 year old is picky about her pizza. She's not a fan of the microwave stuff. She was all smiles from the first bite.

She didn't sample the wine. Not because of her age, but me and the wife didn't want to share. I'm on orders from The Boss (my wife) that we will have to put pizza on the home menu.

Like a kick-tail sound system, the taste of the wine, salad, mushrooms, cheese, tomatoes, and crust are set deeply somewhere between my ears. Wow..it's 11:50...almost time for lunch.

Here's my pizza oven,made from cob. Haven't actually baked a pizza in it yet,but burgers,chicken,sausage,corn and toast have all turned out fantastic. Building the oven was easy,making a good pizza dough,not so easy. I'm not sure how hot it gets,but the door which is 12”-16” from the flame and coals, constantly catches on fire

Attachments

• coboven4b (768 x 576).jpg
    coboven4b (768 x 576).jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 159
  • coboven6b (768 x 576).jpg
    coboven6b (768 x 576).jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 160
  • firefrogb (609 x 812).jpg
    firefrogb (609 x 812).jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 158
I like my pizza's like noah liked his ark, 2 of every animal...

As for weird things, one night/very early morning, I was very hungry and just decided to eat some leftovers. I realized I had some nutella in the pantry so i thought I would also have a nutella sandwich along with the 2 pieces of bbq chicken breast I had warming in the microwave. Well I was very very hungry and while I had a mouth full of warm nutella sandwich I also took a bite of that chicken. Result: single greatest late night epiphany of all time. I ended up eating 3 nutella bbq chicken sandwiches...

Matt

A couple years back I went to St. Petersburg to do some engineering. Great. Borsht, caviar, sturgeon soup. So lunchtime rolls around. What are we goimg to eat then?

No prizes for guessing what one of my colleagues pipes up with:

Pizza.

God damned pizza.

I could have choked him.

As for unconventional mixes, cheese and honey between buttered wholemeal slices. If you've already got a fairly sophisticated taste, then you'll make the cheese Stilton or Shropshire Blue.

w

We stayed in the Moscow Hotel. They had a harpist playing at breakfast, cool in its way. I couldn't help but notice though, I said 'It's a shame the harp is slightly out of tune,'

'Oh no,' said my colleague, 'It can't be out of tune, this is the Moscow Hotel'

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.