Why Would Anyone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Il pozzo della pizza pazza !!! Tras. The wish of the mad pizza
Do americans have the calzone ,tras. "pants" ?
It's a folded pizza , inside you'll find usually ham and mushrooms,or whatever.
One of my best pizza experiments was an Hybrid pizza-calzone . it was too large ,so I put around the perimeter some soy sprouts then covered it with the surround (they practically steamed)and in the middle red peppers .
But the classic Margherita is the best ,it resembles the italian flag colours :red tomato ,white mozzarella cheese and some green basil leafs .

Better not say that to an Italian. Never saw a thick crust there.

I grew up on the east coast, around NYC where there is a large Italian population, which has permanently colored my idea of what pizza is. The crust is relatively thin, maybe 1/4" through the middle part that is covered in sauce and cheese, but soft so you can fold a slice when you pick it up to eat it. There is a band of naked crust around the edge, maybe 1-1/2" wide and 1" high which has browned in the oven.

I've never been to Italy, so I can't speak about that. I have had pizza in other parts of Europe, though.

The stuff that people like around here isn't like any of that. It is so horrible that it is beyond my comprehension how a reasonable person could like it.

Then again, I never did get what people think is so great about Skyline chili, either.

Italian pizza tends to be much thinner and crisper than the NY variety. The real thing has some char and a distinct smoky flavor from the wood-burning oven.

In our kitchen, "pizza" is closer to Italian. Tipo Fino 00 flour, San Marzano tomatoes, basil from our garden, high heat, fast bake.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Like,

helicopters are souls of dead tanks ;)

i like that.

say, could/would you translate this?

the words in this song.

i've heard that this is russian.

or german.

or dane -

YouTube - Parzival

Церковное пение и военные марши.
Низкий вокал переходящий в инфразвук.
Лирика на русском, латыни, немецком, датском.
Лучший образец ариохристианского искусства.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Церковное пение и военные марши.
Низкий вокал переходящий в инфразвук.
Лирика на русском, латыни, немецком, датском.
Лучший образец ариохристианского искусства.

Church hymns and military marches
Vocals going lower and lower down to infrasound
Russian, Latin, German, Danish lyrics
The best example of Aryan-Christian art.

Hmmm... This song is kind of depressive, I think. Apocalyptic end of Western civilization?

Church hymns and military marches
Vocals going lower and lower down to infrasound
Russian, Latin, German, Danish lyrics
The best example of Aryan-Christian art.

Hmmm... This song is kind of depressive, I think. Apocalyptic end of Western civilization?

not sure.

haven't found any lyrics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parzival_(band)

Parzival - complete albums discography

YouTube - Parzival

Joined 2007
Paid Member
I had Skyline chili once on the Kentucky side, on the outskirts of Cincinnati. Gawd, being from Texas, the authorities may kick me out for that confession. Anyway, suffice it to say on a stack of bibles one foot thick, I still love Texas chili.

All this pizza talk has got me looking up plans for a brick oven. Not expensive to build, and not high techy. Nice! Please don't tell me I need to incorporate some high dollar caps in this, or 10 9's copper. Don't take the fun out of it for me!:p

p.s. The man who invented the "Lunchables" pizza box for kids should be shot! Is that even the idea of pizza?

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Jacque, I tend to make my own, but I've heard good things about the place.

My ex-girlfriend (from Minnesota) once made the mistake of trying the habañero chili at her company's annual employee chili cook-off. I worked at home and she arrived just after lunch, moaning and groaning. She spent all afternoon, evening, and night in bed and somehow struggled back to work the next morning. She had a low tolerance for the heat!

Anyway, finding good pizza in Texas is a bit of a chore.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.