Why MUR860? Why not bridge module?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Peter Daniel said:
When I read this Forum, I don't ask anybody for explanation and I don't demand a proof.

I just choose what makes sense to me and if I have enough time, I'll check it out in my own audio system: if it works or indeed makes a difference.

Because I want to "think for myself, do things for myself, and experience things for myself".

After all, this is the diyAudio Forum - projects by the fanatics for the fanatics, and not a scientific discussion board, although it seems like many forgot about it already....

And although I may appreciate posts from Eva or out new member sherelec, I certainly don't appreciate comments like "subjetivists are far too lazy..." or "sometimes people just doesn't want to learn..." or one "guru" told another "guru" ;)

Well, we all make our choices for our own reasons, sure. Mine are completely different from yours, but that's OK. In fact, that's a Good Thing. I couldn't stand another janneman on this forum. (And please don't tell me the one is already too much. It's too easy!). Or one more PD, for that matter :D

Jan Didden

I never really compared MUR860 to RGP 15B.

MUR860 work well in chip amps and I'm not looking for substitutes. I use them also in line stages, and they seem to be OK there as well.

I first noticed RGP15B in ML31.5 transport. I tried to "upgrade" to MSR860 but the original diodes (RGP15B) worked better there. I tried them as substitutes for original bridges in ML37 and BiDAT and it was also an improvement.

When I recently tried to install them in SCD-777, I found that original parts used by Sony were better.

So that's about all when it comes to my experience with those parts. In closing, RGP15B can be good performer, but don't expect improvement in all cases. As usually, testing and comparing is recommended.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.