Who's the Head Mod around here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am quite wacky certainly.
(I have a reason for this, it knows who knows it.)
I cannot express my thoughts in English properly.
Maybe to understand neither always.
But sure, that this quotation, which I found,, inapplicable for the good moderator?

A quotation from M. Ghandi into the moderators' attention:

"Real power does not consist in the ability to inflict the capital punishment upon the subjects, but in the will and the ability to protect the subjects against the world."

Wacky

I'm not sure why I read this thread, but it's fascinating in some way. My sense is, that the people who demand the most precise rule definitions, are people that hate rules the most. The more precise the definition, the easier to skirt.

I learned (more precisely, I was taught by my kids) that general rules work best, because they put the onus on the individual to consider the purpose rather than the letter.

Of course, what we would all like are rules to govern your behavior so that you don't annoy me in any way, but no rules to govern my behavior. Not so workable, given our inborn need for equity (1 a : justice according to natural law or right; specifically : freedom from bias or favoritism). So we are left with rules that apply to all parties and applied with judgement and discretion in either direction - remembering, of course, that in the best of all possible worlds, things barely work.

Sheldon

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
One sure way to irritate the mods is to keep posting here. I'm thinking about it.
I bet if it goes on it will be closed, that'll be fun to watch.

I don't agree this is nonsense, useless sounds better. To keep the dull minds happy they have written an excellent rule book, I must say.
That's life, quantity wins over quality again.

I'm not sure why I read this thread, but it's fascinating in some way. My sense is, that the people who demand the most precise rule definitions, are people that hate rules the most. The more precise the definition, the easier to skirt.

I learned (more precisely, I was taught by my kids) that general rules work best, because they put the onus on the individual to consider the purpose rather than the letter.

Of course, what we would all like are rules to govern your behavior so that you don't annoy me in any way, but no rules to govern my behavior. Not so workable, given our inborn need for equity (1 a : justice according to natural law or right; specifically : freedom from bias or favoritism). So we are left with rules that apply to all parties and applied with judgement and discretion in either direction - remembering, of course, that in the best of all possible worlds, things barely work.

Sheldon

Hello Sheldon ,

I don't think you have read much here, the problem is not the rules it is the ham fisted approach by some mods, not diy nor it's rules. I have no issues with the now disclosed rules .

Well said, Sheldon. And why are there so many here that demand that they be stopped from contributing, by 'demanding' that the moderators lock the thread?

+10

As if there's an entire deck of mod candidates with potential lined up.

Moi, i've still got 4 weeks of serving coffee to elderly on the agenda for skipping the anger management course again.
Goosfraba !

:D

Personally I think you'd make an excellent moderator on this forum, you have all the traits and meet all the requirements that I can think of.

Keep up the good work, you'll be promoted in no time!

Rolf ......................................... :drink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.