• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Who is interested in a groupbuy of Mark Kelly's DC controller PCB and related parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
cygnus x1 said:

Guess Aengus beat me to yours. That's ok, I'm still trying to get a motor, sklimek are you still out there?

You and me both on the motor - I'm hoping sklimek is just away for a few days and hasn't given up on this.

As to the pulley, if Mark will sell it I'm willing to toss a coin or something - wouldn't want to just grab it because of an accident of timing.

Aengus

Maxon motor GP...

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1019471#post1019471

Hi! Sorry I'm late. I'm still on the road (wife posting this (hi guys)). I'll be back on the 20th.

We have the 5 even if Mark doesn't want an extra (1 sklimek, 1 eric, 2 aengus, 1 cwise). If anyone would like to contact Maxon and secure the pricing, please do. In fact, it may be advisable for someone to take over the buy altogether because I'll soon be back on the road again for 2 weeks. If you'd still like me to do it, I'll contact Maxon when I get back in town on Friday the 20th.

Best,
Stan

Yay sklimek; and thank you, sklimek's wife. But let me quickly correct a misapprehension - I want only one motor! Michi124 said (post #471):

I would like a second motor as well (for my second controller).

in a post adjacent to one of mine - perhaps that caused some confusion? Or perhaps it was post # 463, where I said - in entirety and, in retrospect, confusingly:

Two more...

By this I meant only to be keeping a running count of the number of motors people had spoken for - not that I wanted two for myself.

But I definitely want one, and so, adding Michi124 to sklimek's list, we have: 1 sklimek, 1 eric, 1 aengus, 1 cwise, 1 michi124, for a total of five in any case.

May I recommend that everybody in this list confirm their interest, ideally by the 20th when Stan is back?

Aengus

OK Fella's,
Since you have 5 for the motor buy I'll step out. I was lookin to get a backup but as others have said I shouldn't need it. I just didn't want to have the motor lunch out and have to cough up 250 for a new one.

On the pulley I ordered three but only need one so cygnus x1 and Aengus you can have the other two. Maybe DaveM can ship the pulleys direct to you so we don't have to double up on shipping.

Mark

Mark , thank you, that is a generous offer on the pulley. Have you already paid, in which case how should I pay you? Or, if you haven't, can you please tell me to whom, and how, and how much, I should pay? So I don't have to re-read the thread again.;)

And, re the motor: if you want the spare, I assume you needn't step out - six should be the same price/motor as five...

DaveM, can you ship direct? Should I send you an address?

Thank you both.

Aengus

To mimick what Aengus said...

Mark, thanks for giving up the pulleys. If you paid for them already, I'm happy to send you payment...or DaveM if not. Just let us know.

DaveM, can you ship to us?

Sklimek, how would you like to be paid for the motor?

Should I send all of you my address, etc.?

Do you all have email for easy communication?

You all made me VERY happy!

cygnus x1

Maxon motor GP...

Hi, back. I called Chuck Fogleman and left a message and will try again soon. In the meantime this is the interest I can gleen out of the posts for the motor:

Aengus - 1
Cwise - 1
Cygnus - 1
Michi124 - 1
sklimek - 1

Total - 5

Is this correct? I can proceed ahead with the GB as soon as I hear from Chuck and post the information.

O.K., hopefully I can update w/ some news tomorrow...

Best - Stan

Maxon motor GB...

Hi, Chuck is difficult to reach so I have replied to his email thinking this may be more efficient. Here is my reply:

10-20-2006

Hi Chuck, thank you for your reply.

I am interested in purchasing soon (5) of the Maxon motor #110191 a-max 26mm. I am replying to confirm that the price break for this quantity of (5) will be $83.90 ea plus shipping if any and may be purchased by credit card. I am excited that you offer these fine motors in small quantities, their end use will be to supply a regulated turntable speed for some custom made diy phonographic turntables by a few dedicated diy fanatics.

Please confirm that these prices are correct and how and where I may send payment.

Best - Stan

----- Original Message -----
To: <>
Sent: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 07:55:02 -0700
Subject: FW: Quote from Maxon

Stan,

Here are the price breaks for motor 110191 a-max 26mm

1 $250.00
2 $125.00 each
3-4 $106.70 each
5-19 $83.90 each

Based on current availability 1 motor could ship 2 days ARO PO from EAST
coast.

Terms: credit card or UPS COD

Regards,

Chuck Fogleman
650 697-9614 X 239

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please update all interested to secure the 5+ mark and even though I will be leaving again on this Monday my wife can proceed with the group buy. Once we hear from Chuck and everything is groovy we'll paypal to all who is interested and update the progress.

Its all up to Chuck now and five of us - I'm in for one...

Best - Stan

Cygnus X1, Aengus,

Please send me your info so that I can bill you for the pulleys.

Also I don't have an email address for billing for Cwise and Astro_nut

I did a count and check and I have an option of aluminum for a few people. I have 3 (I think) pulleys in aluminum. My home computer has completely crashed in the past week, so I am doing this all on my work machine. (Thank God for an understanding employer);)

So if anyone is ok with or would like an aluminum pulley, let me know. I went back and checked the setup parts and most of them are very useable.

My suggestion for mounting these is to use Threadlock bearing holder. I plan to get my motor mounted using the little tap holes on the top of the motor to bolt it to a plate. The flatness of the mounting plate is going to be pretty important, as I plan to use that surface to double as an alignment surface. I am then going to get a piece of shim stock that I can use to assure a consistant gap between the pulley and the mounting plate. Test the alignment and spacing off the shim before glueing, as I believe that the threadlock will be a bit of a bear to get apart. Put a drop of threadlock on the end of the shaft and slide the pulley down until it rests on the shim. This way you are aligning the pulley with the shaft and the shim. Of the pulleys I have checked with my motor, they all slide on tight and should not have any issues with alignment, but the idea with the shim is to elimenate any possibility for error.

DaveM

Just heard from Chuck from Maxon, here is his reply:

"Prices are stated below. Credit card is good. So would need to get the
info. from you. Yes you would pay for shipping charges. Note we do not
ship to PO boxes so would need a street address.

Too bad Tower Records going out of business. It started in Sacramento,
Ca.

chuck"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O.K., lets get going, if everyone could one last time indicate their interest and how many, we are trying to reach (5) for the $83.90 break, not sure what shipping is (shouldn't be more than a couple bucks ea) but will post once I have the commitments and final cost from Chuck - Stan

DaveM said:
Cygnus X1, Aengus,

Please send me your info so that I can bill you for the pulleys.

Also I don't have an email address for billing for Cwise and Astro_nut

I did a count and check and I have an option of aluminum for a few people. I have 3 (I think) pulleys in aluminum. My home computer has completely crashed in the past week, so I am doing this all on my work machine. (Thank God for an understanding employer);)

So if anyone is ok with or would like an aluminum pulley, let me know. I went back and checked the setup parts and most of them are very useable.

My suggestion for mounting these is to use Threadlock bearing holder. I plan to get my motor mounted using the little tap holes on the top of the motor to bolt it to a plate. The flatness of the mounting plate is going to be pretty important, as I plan to use that surface to double as an alignment surface. I am then going to get a piece of shim stock that I can use to assure a consistant gap between the pulley and the mounting plate. Test the alignment and spacing off the shim before glueing, as I believe that the threadlock will be a bit of a bear to get apart. Put a drop of threadlock on the end of the shaft and slide the pulley down until it rests on the shim. This way you are aligning the pulley with the shaft and the shim. Of the pulleys I have checked with my motor, they all slide on tight and should not have any issues with alignment, but the idea with the shim is to elimenate any possibility for error.

DaveM

Hi Dave, Ive paid for my brass editions, but I wouldn't mind trying a aluminium one, so I'm up for one.

thanks.
hk

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.