• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Who is interested in a groupbuy of Mark Kelly's DC controller PCB and related parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is it to late for a pulley?

Hi all,
I have just got some money together to start diy DIY turntable and am going to try and build this group buy kit.
Is it too late to buy any or all if it?
Ie pcb's parts,motor and pully

If so please put me down for any avilable.
many thanks
Ian

Just a little update. The material is here, and the tools are here. The machinist has the drawing and model. Unfortunately the shop schedule is full right now, and more vacations are coming up. So, patience is going to be necessary.

I am not going to have access to a computer for the next two weeks. I am off work and moving into a new (to me) house. One week for re-finishing bedrooms:smash: and one week to move in and collapse on the floor.:dead:

I don't know exactly when the pulleys will get be completed, but I will start invoicing as soon as I am back.

DaveM

Hi good ppl, been away for a while, physically and electronically (ISP gone AWOL).

Good to see that things are moving on however, and that the motors are shipping (PS: HKM, I've PMed you my address, you should have it by the time you read this.), and the pulleys are works in progress...

I will track back the thread to find out what the final word was on the controller PCB's...

Regards to all...

GAgola said:
Hi good ppl, been away for a while, physically and electronically (ISP gone AWOL).

I will track back the thread to find out what the final word was on the controller PCB's...

Regards to all...

Gregory

I sent you an email regarding kit availability and payment options on 12/06, to which you replied on 13/06. Since I received no further word in the following month I assumed you were no longer interested.

The PCBs are still available but if I did a full kit for you now it would mean me ordering everything as a one-off which would be very expensive. Since all of the important parts are available from RS components in South Africa this may be an option for you.

Re: motor

ARAD said:
@ superhkm

received my motor today - thanks for the effort. If I remember correctly, the forecasted amount did not cover your cost completely - if so, please let me know so I can pay my portion of the balance.

Thanks again,
Andreas

Well, for once I have been lucky with money;

I ended up ordering 28 motors, my first quote was for less ( <20) I calculated to much for the shipping from supplier to me, and finally, USD is now up 4-5% against the Norwegian Krone.

With less then 20 motors I would have made break even with the USD rates of today. Since I kept the money with PayPal and moved 28pcs I actually made a small profit.
So the question is, shall I make exact calculations and return 6-7 USD to each and every one of you, or donate it to this splendid forum ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.