Which Impedance for Crossover Calculation? The Nominal, the One at Crossover or?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
You are representing the whole hobby as an elite activity
I'd rather not come across that way, it can be subjective. Have you noticed I've been known to discourage precision in order to focus on more important things?

I was attempting to say, because of the way it is possible to compensate the impedance separately (without even knowing about the crossover), that after this all parts of a crossover are the same for active or passive. A few of these other parts need a place in the conversation.

If you want to share knowledge, go ahead :)

Further, the "measure, measure, measure!" is anti scientific and non DIY friendly approach.

I really don`t understand what is it that you are trying to achieve with this thread? If you want to follow your own assumptions, do so, many have done already, no need to argue with others on the forum. People here are spending time to read your issue and see if they could help.

I use the measured average of the driver IMP not the nominal. There is nothing Elite about using the right tools to get the job done. How can you design a speaker without a set of on baffle measurements?? Not like you can use the manufacturers set in their test box or flat baffle and then expect good results.

Rob:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.