What’s On the Bench Tonight (OBT)

That is very cool you designed some of that for them! I will have to check out Intellihot, I might of before, I do a lot of research on everything I choose to put into the RV.

Edit: Just checked them out, not what I could of used but cool stuff, really like the idea of a heat pump water heater as well as the gas units that you worked on.

--------------

It took awhile to figure out what I wanted, needed, would fit, etc and I wanted condensing which nearly all were to big.

I found the Takagi 120k BTU unit for a decent price and they have a long history and great rep so went that route. They also include a very comprehensive manual complete with actual troubleshooting and parts lists so if needed to repair it it will be pretty easy to do so. I have been considering contacting them and see what are the most prone to fail parts and ordering them to have on hand if needed so no delay in getting them.

Our RV is not normal, going to be insulated far better than all but the newest very high end 5th wheels but still have better windows, appliances, fixtures, etc so I wanted a great water heater. Also has to fill a 30x60 oval free standing tub, medium size washing machine, 18" dishwasher, etc...and it is more than enough for our needs.

I love the fact it is 94% efficient rated though it seems even better as I can put my hand on the ABS exhaust right where it comes out of the unit and it is just warm to the touch.

I spent about half as much on the plumbing as on the unit, all top quality brass, bypass, flush, etc and installed and more ball valves so I can shut down any part of the whole RV to work on it and leave the rest operational.

Getting everything to fit, all that plumbing, WH, triple element water filter, flexible water, power and gas lines for the kitchen slide out, 2 heater ducts, water pump, drains, vents, etc, into an area 18x30x30" that will be inside a cabinet at floor level and include a 6" tall, 18" deep by 20 wide drawer that is in the upper right side of the area, access to it all. Quite a challenge but I love a challenge:)

Rick

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Layout for crossover PCB for Vanguard Archer is completed. I’m going all air core on this special speaker. 16ga copper on woofer and 20ga copper on tweeter. All custom made/wound components. It’s a big heavy crossover at 210mm x 115mm PCB size with a ton of copper.

1713183084345.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Making progress on the CAD plans for the Archer cabinet. Baffle screw holes need to move closer to edges. Vent tube dia is actually larger.

1713555268628.jpeg

1713555297424.jpeg

Baffle will be held in place with black Torx screws.

1713555378216.jpeg

In Nickel played steel cup finishing washers.
1713555431535.jpeg

It’s tricky to get the screws to go in the correct place with a roundover on the baffle and ledgers on the inside. Possibly a window frame cutout rather than 4 square sticks glued in place.
1713555528251.jpeg

Joined 2004
Paid Member
The 22-channel line array amp is showing promise. This prototype is using off-the-shelf 8-channel SSM3582 amp boards instead of custom amps so I can get work done on the speakers. I've got lots of coding ahead to implement the electronic curvature and shading, but it will involve re-writing existing code rather than starting from scratch. The original version used 3 ADAU1701 chips controlled by a 6801-series micro. This one uses the ADAU1467 and the ESP32C3.

line_array_amp.jpg

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
On the bench for about 6 months now is the SnubStationZero product. A multi-function power conditioner that employs a DC blocker, CLC filter/noise snubber, and a solid state relay (SSR) soft start that gives any audio product a soft start capability through use of advanced Hall effect current sensor and logic circuitry to effect the SSR to switch the NTC current limiters on and off to provide the soft start feature. Basic operation has been tested and verified on test board, chassis design is almost complete.
IMG_3137.jpeg

IMG_3136.jpeg

IMG_3135.jpeg

10A max and there are two auxiliary outputs that have DC blocker and filter but no soft start for lower current devices.

Reactions: 3 users
Joined 2021
Paid Member
On the bench is my totally and unnecessarily exaggerated monster chassis (not finished yet) for two ICE EDGE 1200AS1 monos, driven by the HyperSET as a buffer. I know... but 2x 1200 watts MUST look like 2x 1200 watts... hey, it's diy 🙈 :rofl:

PSX_20240426_223815.jpg

PSX_20240426_223856.jpg