What did you last repair?

Dunno it it's a repair really, but I built the "Dynaco" 6V6-PP amp a year or so ago on a pcb bought from China. Couldn't get any sound out of it and just stored it away.
Eventually brought it back and swapped the wires going to the feedback and it came to life.
Now, I had attached a small BT-reciever, added a switch to switch between line in and BT and this switch also connects a 3.7V battery to the device.

I installed the new PSU board in my speakers that I mentioned here https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/and-what-did-we-buy-today.143603/post-7660352

I added some copper braid around the transformer cables too. I was also able to improve the cable routing somewhat and got a significant reduction in PSU noise, now very very low. I have one more cable to screen that goes to the low voltage stuff and I think that might completely fix it.

If it doesn’t, I may need to move the transformer out to a box under the speaker, but hoping I won’t have to do that.

An old Toshiba DVD player; the tray refused to open but I could hear action happening inside.

It plays all regions so was worth trying to repair - some DVD and Blu Ray players can't be tweaked to do that.

I removed the top cover and cleaned the mechanism with air in a can, then sprayed electronics cleaner onto the moving bits. Put it back together, and - nothing! Undid all again, did the same thing, then waited an hour and that did the trick.

It now opens and shuts more easily than a politician's mouth.

Geoff

In working away on the Mora Clock.
I came across this handwritten label near the mechanism.

IMG_20240425_171657~2.jpg

Norwegian or dalmål?

Any Scandi clock experts know what it means?

Last edited: