What are you Watching?

If you were at the theater back in 1963, and all alone by your lonesome self, then you are older than me by only one year. ;)
...Which makes you an affordable scientist. :wchair:
I did see it a year or too later than that, Bob, back then movies took a while to get out and about, especially down under.

And, gasp!! - for the youngies reading, :) - movies actually hung around in theatres for a long time if they were popular, months and months and months in fact ... Believe It or Not! ... ;)

Actually my first flick at my local Theater was 'Tommy' - the musical, back in 1975.

But before that I worked as a film projectionist at college where I was attending Arts.
And I also made my own movie (directed it) before that still. ...1971

Anyhow, you are my elder Frank, and by a fair margin. :)

* Cinema & Music have always played (and still) a big cinematic role in my life. :film: :wave2s: :note: :Piano: :sax::eguitar::violin::sing: ...Why I'm here.

Last edited:
Actually my first flick at my local Theater was 'Tommy' - the musical, back in 1975.
That brings back more memories - of all places, I saw that in Nice, I was backpacking around Europe at the time. The volume was wound way, way up - definitely at 11, I reckon, ;) - and the speaker system was showing the signs of having had a hard time of it - it sounded like there were bits of driver cone flapping around, lots of buzzing and farting during the loud bits ..

And I also made my own movie (directed it) before that still. ...1971
So who's a clever boy, then, ehh? ... :p, :D

Some cinema facts:

- 'The Wolf of Wall Street' directed by Marty Scorsese is the first film ever in history to have been distributed in the 'digital' format all over the theaters in the USA.

- Back when I was @ college, and working as a film projectionist, it was my responsibility to meet in person the 'messenger'; the person who was transporting the movie reels (those large steel/aluminum containers containing the film pellicules - the reel 35mm negatives). Then with them under my arm I was taking over the entire affair by myself.
...Putting them on the 35mm cinema projector (bobines), cutting them if there were some damaged frame prints, and seal them back together, taking care of the light bulb, adjusting the focus, the overall sound and lighting in the theater auditorium, and everything else related to the best 'cinematique (visuelle et auditive) experience' for the entire audience. ...Hundred, two hundred+ people.
And one of my best memories was during and after the film's projection of 'Deliverance', back in 1972-73.
I'll spare you the book that I could easily write about it.

- My first ever film that I directed was called 'Violence & Non-Violence', and the music score was from two records (LPs) spinning on a turntable. The artist name was Raoul Duguay, a Canadian Frenchman from Quebec (really good poete/chansonnier with an awesome voice and music played by great musicians and to die for).

- In 1969-70 I built my first ever loudspeaker; a Mono loudspeaker with two drivers and crossover-free. ...It was a rear center channel speaker. That's right, for surround back effect (mono).

<<>> Next week I'll continue this perilous adventure of my cinema youth.
Tuned to the same channel, and till then watch (& listen) happily. :)

P.S. By the way, during the 'Tommy''s representation/projection @ my local theater in 75, I was completely stoned on acid.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
MV5BMTY3OTI0NjY0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjUzNjQ2MDE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Good movie and I'm not the sentimental type.

"Downtown Abbey" - it's either that or divorce. Even if you don't watch it, you hear about it at breakfast...

---- :D

MV5BMTY3OTI0NjY0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjUzNjQ2MDE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Good movie and I'm not the sentimental type.

The picture is missing Cassiel. ...We don't have a clue of what it is.

Dallas Buyers Club - Absolutely amazing movie and very important not just about aids but Big Pharma and health, Matthew McConaughey deserves an Oscar along with whoever wrote the script

I've heard great things about this flick. It's on my radar fo shure. :radar:

* Matthew is gaining more and more respect from me.

YES Hugo by Scorsese. See the movie it's beautiful and George Melies is a major part of the story but I won't spoil it by saying more.

No sweat, I probably saw it three times already (I have the 3D Blu-ray).
...Excellent flick! :film: :up:

As a matter of fact I am pretty sure that I have all publicly released films from Marty, even some documentaries on/by him. ...Mainly on Blu-ray (best picture & sound), except for perhaps very few ones on DVD.

I'm a cinema sucker big time. :wave2s: ...Artistic cinema poetry (hi-def picture) accompanied with communicative messages (dialog) and music score (hi-res multich audio).

Last edited: