What are you drinking?

...As another weekend ckecks out.
Ugh, yeah, Sunday evenings are a particular brand of melancholy. Especially now, as the days begin to slowly get shorter, and shorter... :whazzat:

Time for a bike ride to squeeze out a few therapeutic endorphins. (Oh, and topically, to break in a squeaky new set of brake pads.)

[Edit] Ooops! Wrong topic, heh! Okay, so I'll be drinking water from the little warm bottle this evening. :)

Last edited:
Had a taste while I was filling these bottles. Sort of aiming for a lager, not too far off.
Now: the waiting game. All are 0,5 liter, except one at 0,75 liter.

Off topic:
Does anyone know a cheap but effective bottle cleaner?
So much work, been cleaning bottles most of the evening...

Can't wait to try out the beer! :p

Attachments

• IMG_20180625_210449.jpg
    IMG_20180625_210449.jpg
    517.3 KB · Views: 140
The fizz is on in a week. Put some malt sugar in each bottle before capping.
Then put them somewhere cool-ish (10-16c?)for 2-3 weeks.
I am gonna try them out this weekend though, just a bottle or two for testing, my sister is coming with her kid and spouse, got to open some blueberry wine, and there's probably the fraction frozen plum wine coming out too. Not going for "hammered" just "comfortably numb". Have not seen them in a year.

I hardly ever drink more than 2 beers these days, think my average is about 1 beer a week, maybe 1,66.

Yeah, I got real good stuff for the chemistry part of cleaning, there's still scrubbing and boiling though, must be careful.

Last edited:
I sampled one of the beers yesterday, it was way too early, but I figured the higher-than-normal temperature here may have boosted the sugar to co2 conversion. So 1 lukewarm beer consumed. It was great!

Filled up the fridge so it's ready for after work :)

We also sampled the fraction frozen plum wine a little bit. It was pretty good, and pretty strong for something that tastes like semi-sweet fruity wine. Warms in the chest a bit. I have no idea the %, my measurement tools do not seem reliable, one gives 26% the other gives less than 0%, I estimate ca 28-30%. Need to get some tools for proper analysis...

Hmm... Would a breathalyzer have any value as a measuring tool for alcohol content of a beverage, assuming measured "doses" etc? I know the physiological effects vary from one person to the next, but do we humans metabolize alcohol at drastically different rates? Too many other variables? I suppose a baseline would have to be established for a single subject, followed by a few rounds of "curve tracing..."