What are you drinking?

Usually, I drink plain water except for three cups of tea, which I take at different times during the day. Before tea, I drank coffee, but it was raising my blood pressure by an extra 20mmHg.
You have a very hot climate. I was in Malta at the end of August, the temperature was around 45C with high humidity. It seemed to me that your climate is much hotter than in Egypt in Sharm el-Sheikh, where the air is dry. By the way, very good Stella beer turned out to be in Egypt, which clearly belongs to Heineken.

https://im0-tub-ru.yandex.net/i?id=282ed792d0935694267e4b0ca228c710-l&n=13

Or in Agadir at this time it was about 15 ° C, but then it also heated to 27-32 ° C, and all this time a fresh wind blew from the ocean. Morocco produces excellent wines. Produce your wine and beer in Malta?

Attachments

• DSCF02343.jpg
    DSCF02343.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCF02302.jpg
    DSCF02302.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Three years ago after coming through a bad time, an old friend met me in Scotland and we went to Wick to see KT Tunstall at the Caithness Assembly Rooms. The next morning we went to the Old Pulteney distillery for a tasting. I had not seen that friend since then until tonight, so I picked up a bottle of the 12 year old for old times sake. (It was $5 off so clearly the gods wanted me to buy this.) We had a good yarn and a few drams, and some pizza and a decent Chianti he brought.

Attachments

• IMG_20190824_231022_compress21.jpg
    IMG_20190824_231022_compress21.jpg
    780.8 KB · Views: 83
Nez, I believe we shared something similar around that time. I am glad to hear you are able to have time to share with someone that helped you through it, and extra glad you had a sip of something to take the edge off. To this day, I like to sit back, look upward, and share a nip with those who are no longer with us.
Cheers friend.

Last edited:
Nez, I believe we shared something similar around that time. I am glad to hear you are able to have time to share with someone that helped you through it, and extra glad you had a sip of something to take the edge off. To this day, I like to sit back, look upward, and share a nip with those who are no longer with us.
Cheers friend.

:cheers:

(That was a bad year: my dad, my wife's mom, and almost my wife)

Produce your wine and beer in Malta?
We produce wine and beer both for the local market and for export.

Regarding the 'hellish' temperatures we are experiencing, especially during the last few years, it is a corroborate the climate is changing for the worse. However, a temperature of 45C was never recorded recently. The highest I remember was in 1987 which was 43.5C. The 45C is probably the 'feel' temperature which often misleads people into convincing them the real temperature is that high. An extremely high humidity at 45C is lethal; the body will not be able to cool itself.

Regarding the 'hellish' temperatures we are experiencing, especially during the last few years, it is a corroborate the climate is changing for the worse. However, a temperature of 45C was never recorded recently. The highest I remember was in 1987 which was 43.5C. The 45C is probably the 'feel' temperature which often misleads people into convincing them the real temperature is that high. An extremely high humidity at 45C is lethal; the body will not be able to cool itself.
I was in Malta in August, and then in Morocco in September in 1988. Then I was 21 years old. Yes, perhaps I did not have a thermometer, but from my memories it was much hotter than in Morocco and recently in Egypt in the Sinai. Annual highest maximum temperature trends over (a) Malta (1967-2013)... | Download Scientific Diagram
Annual highest maximum temperature trends over (a) Malta (1967-2013) and (b) Venice (1973-2013).

Attachments

• temperature-trends-over-a-Malta-1967-2013.jpg
    temperature-trends-over-a-Malta-1967-2013.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Then water will be more valuable.

How does the island receive water for watering and drinking?

Last edited:
Then water will be more valuable.
How does the island receive water for watering and drinking?
The sedimentary rock formations of the Maltese islands form two types of groundwater resources. These are the mean sea level acquifer and the perched acquifer. The latter, is often at several tens of meters above sea level, and its base is formed by an impervious layer of blue clay. The mean sea level acquifer has far more water compared to perched acquifers. Several decades ago, perched acquifers were renown for their water qualify especially for drinking.

At present, water is extracted from the mean sea level acquifers and blended with higher quality water from reverse osmosis plants. These plants use brackish water as their raw water input. The brackish water is pumped at seashores where the mean sea level acquifer is bounded.

For my field, ~2000 sq mts, I use rain water catchment which I store in an underground reservoir.

AVWERKyou might want to visit the Okanagan section sometime - Mission Hill, for one.

Ever the sucker for too cute their own good marketing, I couldn’t resist - quite good actually. Note the disclaimer at bottom of rear label.

Trimming some bushes and cut the grass this afternoon, so thirsty enough that the first one went down lickity split.

Attachments

• FEA66E19-2B85-419A-881F-26C5631F5EC7.jpeg
    FEA66E19-2B85-419A-881F-26C5631F5EC7.jpeg
    698.4 KB · Views: 83
  • E097733F-C0D8-441C-8B9C-9C0B21DF6414.jpeg
    E097733F-C0D8-441C-8B9C-9C0B21DF6414.jpeg
    805.3 KB · Views: 77
What do you grow in this square?
The 2000 square metres are its area. What I grow is for my consumption, so, it is a little of many different things. I will list what I can remember:

Fruits:
i) peaches (several types)
ii) plums (several types)
iii) figs (three types)
iv) apples (Maltese type)
v) pomegranades
vi) olives (several types)
vii) blackberries
vii) vines (Maltese type and foreign)
viii) lemons

Yearly Crops:
i) potatoes (two crops per year)
ii) onions
iii) melon
iv) watermelon
v) green peppers and coloured peppers
vi) carrots
vii) artichokes (Maltese type)
viii) Jerusalem artichokes
ix) garlic
x) leeks
xi) Maltese broad beens
xii) peas
xiii) couliflower
xiv) cabbages
xv) sweet pototoes
xvi) turnips

The 2000 square metres are its area. What I grow is for my consumption, so, it is a little of many different things. I will list what I can remember
You are well done. In Russia, the state gives for free 1 hectare of land to every Russian in the Far East. There may be taiga, hills, forest, gold plots, bears and other wild animals, even tigers, as someone was lucky. But it’s even easier to buy a plot in the center of the country, because it is very expensive to develop a free plot in the taiga and 1 hectare in my view is very small for such an adventure.
Now I drink black tea from Sri Lanka with lemon. Perhaps lemon was brought from Malta. Rather, from Turkey or Egypt.

Last edited: