What are the most powerful chip amps?

The Behringer Eurolive B115 & B215 1000W claimed speakers use the TDA8954 bridged for bass and the LM3886 for the highs. It's 800w peak on a chip with ~1 sqcm, clamped to the amp aluminum case.

i haven't said anything negative about lm3886 gc, actually i love it. i have couple of them, if i am not wrong total of 8 piece. i know at high frequency lm3886 eats 7294.
but i just want to say that i believe in myself/own experience.
tda7294/93 is a great chip on its own right. Even Marshall, pioneer uses it.

You
Let me bounce this off of you guys and I might be way off base here so correct me if I am. I looked up the max that the positive DC rail can be for the top 3 contenders of the most powerful amps (not getting into bridge or parallel configurations).

If you figure a max rail to rail swing for the supply into the 4 ohm load with no losses and then look at max rated power, can you get a ballpark idea of efficiency or will it not even be close to real world measurements?

LM3886
42V -max supply -220.5W average power into 4 ohms @100% efficiency
?W in 4 ohms @10% THD 68W in 4 ohms @ 0.1% THD
~31% efficiency
TDA7293
50V -max supply -312.5W average power into 4 ohms @100% efficiency
100W in 4 ohms @10% THD
32% efficiency
TDA8954 Class D
42.5V -max supply -225.8W average power into 4 ohms @100% efficiency
210W in 4 ohms @10% THD
93% efficiency

Has anyone on DIY ever measured the TDA and LM against each other for max unclipped power?
You're forgetting the STK family right?, Try STK412-170 or STK4050,

In would not call STK "chipamps" at all but hybrid amps, worlds apart.

As discrete as any other, only covered by some removable-without-damage cover, not even encapsulated.

They are built on PCBs and can be repaired at component level, that´s how discrete they are.

fetch

Reactions: 1 user
Do any reputable vendors sell those STK chipamps? Mouser doesn't even have a listing for them.
If I see those huge "chip amps" in a unit, I consider it a lost cause. I had a receiver with them a long time ago. One of the chipamps went out and took a speaker with it. The whole unit was full of unobtanium, really odd parts. I have to admit it was a pretty good unit while it worked.