Western Electric 15A Small SATO horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1035.JPG

IMG_1031.JPG

Thanks Pano, It sounds great, even I’m just only using passive 300hz crossover. Based on my observations it sounds great with Low Watter SET amp like 1626 Tube 3/4 watts , 2a3 3.5 watts, 300B SET amps, I want to try it with 45 SET amp [emoji1][emoji1]

Looking great! Congratulations. :up: How is it sounding?

I think I need to build a pair of these.

Thanks GM, hahaha, a pair of 416 8B in Onken 360L are more than enough to my small room, the door and windows are shaking during low passage at 11 o’clock volume setting[emoji1][emoji1]

Outstanding! :up: :D Hope it's not really complete though until the bass bins are upgraded to at least four OB loaded HE woofers to match the original's system efficiency, damping.

GM

Rare as hens teeth. I've been looking for a matching 291B for a couple of years now. And now Great Planes Audio just raised their prices by 30%, so when I do find one and I send the two in for correct matching diagrams... ouch!

Curious as to the frequency range the of big Altec's and your JBL compared to some others... like maybe a Radian 950BePB or some YL Acoustic's?

Have you measured yet? Whats your guess as to frequency range of the 15A and JBL?

Sure does have a high cool factor- it looks awesome. That matte paint is the schiddiesel.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.