We need a new forum or two.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Instead of a newbie forum and its attendant problems, we are very slowly working on some step by step tutorials for building stuff. They WILL appear at some point.

A very important reason for these tutorials is that many of our senior members try very hard to help the newbie, and then just burn out repeating the same thing over and over. Yes, they should just give up, but they're not like that- they really want to help. Then they explode and burn out like a dying sun, and the forum is the poorer for it as we need their sophisticated insight for the more difficult problems.

One of the problem with Wiki is legitimacy of information. Thisis in reference to working circuit. We play with electric current and shorted battery might hurt too. At least question answered here is legitimate.
As per basic knowledge I agree.

The same applies to forum posts, or magazine articles for that matter; I've seen at least one magazine audio project that was absolutely unsafe. At least a Wiki can be readily edited to correct misinformation.

In case I was misunderstood, I'm suggesting we make better use of the Wiki that's already hosted by diyaudio, not Wikipedia. If it's used properly, it'll be a valuable resource for everyone, not just noobs. Stickied forum posts are at best an approximation of a Wiki, and a very poor approximation if they can't be edited to add information rather than dribble it out over pages of discussions and digressions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.