• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

Letting a horn group buy turn into Geddes-bashing is more than a little ridiculous and bewildering to me. Am I expected to believe free market economics don't apply to horns and waveguides? I'm excited by the opportunity of buying a big horn at a good price, please keep on topic.

I agree..for the Canadian's amongst us. If we can get smaller waveguides I can get them into Canada through my company and my travelling (Im in Mississauga, ONT monthly).

This is just if we can save $$$ shipping to one point in the US. I have a harder time with larger packages so that is why I would ask for smaller waveguides (15" max).

Is it the look of the Iwata that you like? Closer CTC spacing to the mid? A 400Hz LeCleac'h is a better horn. Flatter FR. Lower distortion.

CTC spacing and the ability to build a baffle around it. I do not like the look of LeCleac'h designs, the horns are way to big, I need a design that is 15" or less in width. I have QSC DIY builds. Flat FR, low distortion already exists above 1KHz. I just want to get a little lower and increase the 'WOW' of my speakers.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
What happened to having something of a reasonable size?

This stuff doesnt fly for most people when its > 20" wide. I have about 20 DIYers that would buy a waveguide that is < 15" but no one I know is interested in monster horns that look kind of silly. Sorry.

I may also be in this category.. Looking for something to bolt to my JBL 2440 compression drivers. (2.0" throat)

Iwata @ 300 - 350Hz might be interesting. I just got the drivers and am trying to figure what to do with them for a fairly small listening room.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I may also be in this category.. Looking for something to bolt to my JBL 2440 compression drivers. (2.0" throat)

Iwata @ 300 - 350Hz might be interesting. I just got the drivers and am trying to figure what to do with them for a fairly small listening room.

A conical with a ~12"/30cm mouth with an appropriate flare rate for 350 - 400Hz and a 2.0" throat would also be of interest. It wouldn't be that big or deep. (Depth 12"/30cm or less)

Actualized list, please check. Can everyone edit below list? (have sent question to admin)

Code:
Iwata 300 (568x417x583mm with 1-2inch throat):

Titan [PL]

kevinkr [US]
MikeR? [US]

doug20 ? [US]
Carl_Huff ? [US]
Trev? [CA]

dshambala ? [US] -- carrier 1 (Connecticut, NYC)
Scaper ? [US] -- carrier 2 (Ohio)

Iwata-150:
fredsonqc
LargeBande
agent.5 ? [US]

I am removing myself from the iwata-300 listing and adding onto the iwata-150, as I am interested in the bigger Iwata-150.