• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

" Is there a supplier for the JMLC-1000 and JMLC-1000 in the US?"

I meant to say is there a supplier for the STX GDN-30-400-8-SE and STX D-800-8-Ti in the USA?

Are there alternative drivers and/or crossovers for us in the US? I would hate to order the enclosures and not be able to get all the other parts for the project.

Last edited:
You can use any 12" bass driver and 1" compression driver. I recommend ringradiators and 2" VC woofers that go higher than 4" brothers. STX sells in Poland only - for special cases overseas. Their offer is attractive, for example custom woofer to my spec they made for me in two weeks. Their fullranges have balancing masses like BMR. All crossover components and speaker accessories I take directly from the factory in Poland (Polink). There shouldn't be any problem in US to find everything e.g. from Part-Express.

Speaking of Parts Express...

QSC has begun requiring a valid serial number for any who want to purchase the 152i waveguide.
Many are approaching PE and asking them to source the QSC unit.

With the requests PE is getting about waveguides, maybe they need something YOU make? :rolleyes: ...Or could make for them?

No reply from PE. GAMT90 final version.

Attachments

• atm zlozenie copy.jpg
    atm zlozenie copy.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 807
US order

It seems that a number of us were interested, but for myself, I've yet to see images or results of the Iwata 250. I can't remember seeing a price for that matter either. It also seems like we'd have to try to work out shipping to the US ourselves or try to get something firm quoted for this specific horn. Unless I see all of these, I'm just not willing to risk it.

It seems that a number of us were interested, but for myself, I've yet to see images or results of the Iwata 250. I can't remember seeing a price for that matter either. It also seems like we'd have to try to work out shipping to the US ourselves or try to get something firm quoted for this specific horn. Unless I see all of these, I'm just not willing to risk it.

I think they chose to go for the WH4, and the Iwata 250 won't happen at this point. The price of the WH4 is 200EUR(~265$) each.

Frode

Hello,

The classical "shoot out" of the European Triode Festival was this year 2010 devoted to horns and waveguides.

16 horns were brought by participants to ETF2010 for the contest.

Aside of the official shoot-out I could measure all the 16 horns in the same excellent conditions (a very large room with a very late first reflection).

You may find the link to the report I wrote at the bottom of ETF2010 "shoot out" page on the Triodefestival.com website:

European Triode Festival - ETF 2010 Shootout

A direct link to the report is:

http://forums.melaudia.net/attachment.php?aid=1760

Pictures taken before and during the shoot out can be seen at:

MELAUDIA :: ETF 2010

Best regards from Paris

Jean-Michel Le Cléac'h