• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Wavebourn Tower-III High-end hybrid amp

Here is the same, with 10 pF capacitor in parallel with 12K feedback resistor:

Tower-IV-TA-3.gif

And finally, 50 KHz squares, 100V P-P. I am satisfied. Now going to solder the 2'nd channel, the same. I tried to take 2 Hz squares, but my camera is too fast to take a picture. Nice symmetrical output (both in terms of phase and signal level) from an asymmetrical class A 2-stage amplifier. That means, the lower is the level the lower will be distortions. It is very significant because our perception is extremely sensitive to distortions of quiet sounds.

Tower-IV-TA-4.gif

ikoflexer said:
Thank you so much :cheers:

If I was in the area I'd buy you a beer, or vodka, or whatever. One can learn from this kind of reporting a lot more than a ton of theory. God bless you man.

Thank you my friend! I prefer MoneVie. ;)

What I wanted to show, that High End have nothing to do with black magic, and easily can be designed and engineered.

Get some popcorn, I am going to continue! ;)

Mains input soldered. You may see separate inputs from the same socket for tube compartment (with a flat plug) and for a SS compartment (with own circuit breaker). You may see also common mode chokes there, but I never use any capacitors on the primary side of any gear that has analog power supply. However, it is a different story for switched mode power supplies where they must be used.

Tower-IV-Mains.gif