Was: sinx/x. Now: standardisation (CE & TÜV ) / protectionism

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Since we talk about cars, can anyone explain this for me:

Chrysler owns Mercedes, why can't Chrysler build cars with the same quality and in the time get profit?

Why can't amercans design beautiful cars, or cool ones (except for Viper and a few others)?

Why can't Ford create an image of safety around their cars when they have bought Volvo?

Why can't General Motors have the same high quality as SAAB now when they own it?

Why can't americans make motorcycles with well-balanced motors like the germans, italians or japanese?

Am I right in some senses or am I just missinformed?

Sweden has top a modern steel industry, why has americans now taxes at imported high quality steel from Sweden?

American lobbyists have told the president that if our old unmodern steel manufacturing plants have to compete with those swedes and germans we will be out out business very soon. Please help us with a tax!

Am I wrong?

peranders,
in one case you are misinformed:
Just the other way around, Mercedes/DaimlerBenz owns Chrysler.
And they try hard to mess Chrysler up.

Detlev Schremp and his team tried to force-feed European methods to the Chrysler staff. Without being sensible, without 1st checking which of the existing Chrysler structures were worth conserving.
If i hear him complaining about Chrysler in public, i always think, is the man too stupid to realize he admits his own goofs by this?

FYI, Schremp is the Daimler-Chrysler CEO. Stupiditiy is not limited to nations either. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.