• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Warpspeed -An Optocoupler Volume Control

Here's an email quote from V4x2 happy owner InfernoSTi...

"I have had some time to really listen to the Warpspeed and I've become very comfortable with the sound…it grows on you over time. It is has a nuanced, articulated quality while still appearing silky smooth and rich across the entire band. I find myself thinking "wow, that midrange is much more pronounced" only to notice "hey, those cymbals have a lot more splash and decay' and then I'm thinking "that bass line is very controlled and smooth." You get the picture.

As you noted on the webpage, once I sorted out my room, it all came together just right. And now I'm hooked!!!

I've got Elvis Costello "Live at Hollywood High" on right now….it seems like every type of music I play sounds great!"

The V4x3

While they're still endlessly debating and wondering why their lowest possible volume level is still loud on high gain or high efficiency systems; and can't be quiet like a good puppy when you want it to -here is what I've been working on...

Attachments

• Warpspeed CE V4x3.jpg
    Warpspeed CE V4x3.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 494
Looks nice. 3xinput and 3xout its perfect. You dont need more connections.
Allan do you have a scope at home? I would be interested to see how the battery supply interacts whit different size of cap and type of batteries.
I have spoken whit many guys about battery supply and they all say it needs a capacitor.

Thanks Marko. It's just the standard 2-Out paralleled, btw.

Re caps on batteries...from my perspective a cap in a psu is an electronic component trying its best to be a battery. Just like Babe the pig who thinks he's a sheepdog:)

It's a low current circuit, much lower than a light bulb on flashlight. So I'll leave that experiment to DIYers...just be careful not to short the battery terminals or a large cap with the 'Squid as the consequences can be dire.