W4-1320 TL or Horn or Ported

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sorry i'm a froggie. I did not understand :)

W4 1320SJ

regards
seb

Thanks!

No problem, between Google Translate and how well so many 'foreigners' 'speak' English, it's easy to forget about the language barrier.

Anyway, in Hornresp, it looks good down to ~40 Hz in the W5-1611SAF [large] TABAQ, so unless it's too large and/or don't like the driver height, see no need to look further, though may need some baffle step compensation [BSC] if the room/boundary gain doesn't boost the [mid]bass enough.

GM

Hi guys,

here are 2 pics, without stuffing and 1lb stuffing for W4 2320SJ. Bass output is quite low compared to MJK

Could I make something wrong ?

regards,
seb

Attachments

• W41320SJ no stuffing.jpg
    W41320SJ no stuffing.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 137
  • W4 1320SJ 1lb stuffing.jpg
    W4 1320SJ 1lb stuffing.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 124
OK, except for MJK's more smooth looking HF, this matches this sim: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/atta...337119-w4-1320-tl-horn-ported-tabaq-4-spl.jpg

Ditto yours, so doing nothing wrong AFAIK: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/atta...-1320-tl-horn-ported-w41320sj-no-stuffing.jpg

What's apparently making it seem like it's less bass is the different aspect ratio scales. MJK's are much 'wider' compared to Leonard's [and HR's] much lower aspect ratio, like comparing today's 16:9 HDTV screen to an old 4:3 ratio CRT, but if you look at where the plot crosses at 40, 50, etc. Hz, you'll see they're the same.

As for the differing damped smoothness, MJK's is the most accurate of these three programs, so for ported cabs, normally only damp enough to take the 'sharpness' off the cab's bandwidth [BW] defined as beginning at 2*Fs/Qts' on down.

Qts' = Qts + Rs [any added series resistance due to wire, XO components, high output impedance amp, etc.]

Calculator: mh-audio.nl - Home

Note, it's best to use Qts' to design with since it can increase the cab's theoretically optimum size [Vb], lowering tuning [Fb]; otherwise it may be necessary to add more damping to 'tighten up' its bass response, reducing acoustic efficiency as you showed when there's excessive damping.

GM

the original ones. I split the main cross section length in 2 parts in order to stuff only the first 2/3. it's 54 + 27 = 81 cm. 120cm2 area. 16cm2 10cm length port.

regards,
seb

Tabaq model I use has 128cm2 by 78cm length. Port = 16cm2x9.7cm. (Arguably the main enclosure should be 76.2cm long = 30 inches.).

I only ever use the stuffing presets in TL. 2/3 fill of "medium" or "heavy" and see if it look good enough.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.