• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier

See post 2342

Ok so bridging not recommended.

Ciao
Do
Hi it is not that briding is not recommended, i am sure ESPERADO means it is highly recommended.
It is because your mentioned PSU and load is at edge in bridge senaria.
I think you know relationship between voltage current and resistence, and here your SMPS400A180 data is not good for bridge setup as it is for single module setup.
For bridging it is best with 8 ohm loads, but can be done i think with 4 ohm with reference to post from LC where he mention one module can do 2 ohm if ALPS 8a limit never get exeeded. So you need to control input level in a way so 8a limit is in control.
When doing bridge version PSU voltage/current dimension is very different than single module.
Regards Ricky

Last edited:
2sk1530/2sj201 pair can be used in this circuit? No need to change? :)

Thanks!

Attachments

• VSSA SCH 1.4.jpg
    VSSA SCH 1.4.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 436
2sk1530/2sj201 pair can be used in this circuit? No need to change? :)
Thanks!

You need some change since the mentioned Toshiba Fets not lateral like LC uses at the orig.
If you search for HexFet or Bipolar VSSA you will find already the schematic and layout for that version to.
I do not post the circuit here by respect to the topics.
If you do not find please PM to me and I'll help you.:)
Szevasz (Hi)
Greetings G