VSSA 50

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys :wave:

Been busy this weekend finalizing NC1200+SMPS1200 amp, plus set the First One from being unstable to music reproduction.:wiz:

Attachments

• VSSA 1.jpg
    VSSA 1.jpg
    555.3 KB · Views: 1,284
  • VSSA 2.jpg
    VSSA 2.jpg
    586.2 KB · Views: 1,217
  • VSSA 3.jpg
    VSSA 3.jpg
    536.5 KB · Views: 1,095
  • VSSA 4.jpg
    VSSA 4.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 1,030
Hi Andrej nice and Space filled, a comming costumer wont get disappointed i he looks under the Hood.
Joke (HeHe):
"VSSA in Lakner One chasis" = Amplifier with built in Power supply.
"First One in Lakner Two chasis" = Power supply unit with built in Amplifier.

JOHN BALI post 43 look at new image smd bypass caps under pcb for 22oouF FC elko.
BR Ricky

Hello LC

Will First One be 200W into 8 ohms? Is it DC coupled as you discussed earlier in the thread?

Will you be offering a GB or selling the First One as a commercial product?

I have a friend who wants a DC coupled amp of high power. He and I are discussing some loudspeaker measurements that require a DC amplifier.

In the SSA thread you mentioned someone may want global current feedback. Have you tried placing a resistor between the amplifier + out and the speaker and moving the amplifier feedback to the junction of the resistor and speaker? I will be trying this with a VSSA and SSA PCBs that I am in the process of building. This should turn the VSSA into a Howland Current Pump.

It wold be helpful if the First One has a jumper that can be removed so that the feedback point of the amplifier can be moved from where it is now to the junction of a series resistor between the amplifier + out and the speaker.

Last monday i apply the diode/10R mod on my LC_VSSA modules. As they yet perfectly sound to my taste...For more flexibilty toward the speaker nature i'd like to have more power i remerber me the first VSSA iteration. One vssa limite toward Vdc rail amount is the Jfet CCS that have Vbr limited to 40V. As i didn't find , up to time, i another jfet with more suited Vbr i replace the Jfet ccs with the bjt-ccs that act in BG1/Versatil. If some experts can take a look at this point to validate? I swap too from ALF16 to 2 Renesas output pair as they are more purchaseable....See schematic and layout under. The board is design to be mount on heatsink with only 75mm height as FISCHER ELEKTRONIK SK56/75/SA.

Marc

Attachments

• VSSA_100_V1.4_TO3P_BRD1.png
    VSSA_100_V1.4_TO3P_BRD1.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 412
  • VSSA_100_V1.4_TO3P_BRD2.png
    VSSA_100_V1.4_TO3P_BRD2.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 546
  • VSSA_100_V1.4_TO3P_SCH.png
    VSSA_100_V1.4_TO3P_SCH.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 629
Last edited:
Hi Marc,
I'm waiting the progress :)
the 22pF compensation caps maybe need higher value.
(I was use 22pF before but I also use 0.22 ohm source resistor)
My double output(J162+K1058 too) not stable yet & no CCS too...
That transistor CCS I should try to apply there, thanks
you give me some idea...

Regards
John

Last monday i apply the diode/10R mod on my LC_VSSA modules. As they yet perfectly sound to my taste...For more flexibilty toward the speaker nature i'd like to have more power i remerber me the first VSSA iteration. One vssa limite toward Vdc rail amount is the Jfet CCS that have Vbr limited to 40V. As i didn't find , up to time, i another jfet with more suited Vbr i replace the Jfet ccs with the bjt-ccs that act in BG1/Versatil. If some experts can take a look at this point to validate? I swap too from ALF16 to 2 Renesas output pair as they are more purchaseable....See schematic and layout under. The board is design to be mount on heatsink with only 75mm height as FISCHER ELEKTRONIK SK56/75/SA.

Marc
Very, very nice layout Marc!...:up:

So this part is not readily available in Europe, either? That is disappointing. I found a few in stock in the US, but I was under the impression you can get it in Europe more easily, probably because the Alfets in general, are marked "UK stock".

ALF16N16/20 and ALF16P16/20 are available from Newark french webshop (called Farnell), but they are quite expensive : about 14€/u

Marc

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.