Void the election results: is it possible at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Eva said:
I strongly recommend to read that link:

http://www.iraqtimeline.com/

It is clearly a different perspective. but I strongly suggest that you take such one-sided view with a big grain of salt.

Again, you ought to resist the temptation to rush to judgment before having a comprehensive understanding of the situation. There are lots of better sources of information to help you out on that front.

Here is one short example.

You tell me how this man's experience as a corrupt horse association commissioner, a lawyer, and a roommate of a GOP fundraiser qualifies him to lead the federal government's emergency response organization.

Now, the author gave zero support for his claim of Brown being corrupt (the author mentioned only that Brown was forced to resign as a commissioner), nor did he present valid arguments on how being a lawyer, a roommate of a GOP fundraiser will automatically disqualify a person from leading the government.

quite frankly, from my experience with lawyers, they tend to be far above average in terms of intelligence.

Now, I am all for firing Brown because i think he did a horrible job. However, I will defend the guy to the end of the world if the only ground to fire him is an unsubstantiated accusation of his corruption, his being a lawyer and a roommate of a GOP fundraiser.

I don't think the rest of your arguments (or that linked website for that matter) needs further analysis.

I just wanted to point out that a good system will fail us from time to time. As long as we can objectively reassess its faults, why and how it failed, and improve us, we will prevail in the end.

Eva said:

This morning our news say that Bush government has just rejected medical help from Cuba. Figure yourself what kind of jerks you have in your government...
I don't think you understand the relationship between the US and Castro, not the Cuban people. When Fidel finally checks out, that relationship may become much more open and very different.

Eva said:

It's a widely known fact that the people that put the bombs in Madrid and London were well estabilished citizens who had good jobs or even their own business and paid all their taxes. On the other hand, the immigrants that get killed are almost always those that have just arrived and have nothing.

Note that the main reason for immigrants to come here is that there are a lot of companies and busines willing to employ them unlawfully, with lower wages than stated by law and without paying any taxes. Our own people are the ones to blame for that. Remember than an immigrant without a job is just not going to survive for long. On the other hand, those skinheads are usually aggressive and clumsy people that have a lot of trouble finding a suitable job, a lot of them are unemployed I think.

On a desperate attempt to avoid that, our government is granting residence permission to any immigrant who whishes to lawsuit his unlawful employer.

Hmmm seems that Spain has a little bit of the same problem we have over here as regard to businesses employing cheap illeagal labor resulting in a significant cost to the domestic economy. As for skinheads, they have their own personal problems to work through. I personally have no respect for skinheads because they have no respect for anyone else. But that is skinheads, a cult as far as I am concerned. How does it make you feel that your hard earned tax dollars are going support Turkey or any other country these illeagal immigrants come from and send that money back to without paying taxes to Spain from it??.......:whazzat:

Eva said:
I strongly recommend to read that link:

http://www.iraqtimeline.com/

It deals with the subject of the incompetence and arrogance of Bush government and it also shows the level of censorship and manipulation that is routinely applied to some USA media. News reporters from UK, Germany and other countries that have visited New Orleans are denouncing these 'staging' practices.

But this is not a government only issue, the entire system is failing. What is happening is just the culmination of decades following the wrong philosophy and washing the brain of each citizen, fooling them into believing that a certain system benefits them when it actually doesn't at all.

I am not dissagreeing with you, the problem started when the politicians more or less took charge of conducting the war. If the Bushites would not worry about public image in the world and let the miltary leaders conduct the war and not keep thier hands tied, it would have a much different outcome. Politians are war leaders like lawyers are domestic leaders...:xeye: :whazzat: :dodgy: :apathic:

How does it make you feel that your hard earned tax dollars are going support Turkey or any other country these illeagal immigrants come from and send that money back to without paying taxes to Spain from it??

I'm very happy with the fraction of my taxes that is expent in essential services, like health care or education, that every human being has the right to receive, no matter the place where they was born. You are so filled with hate and racism that you don't even notice. Human life, education and health are much more important than money or private property.

However, I would be very dissapointed if my taxes ended up being expent by jerks like Condolezza Rice in $3000 heeled shoes, particularly if this happens the day after a strong hurricane strikes my country. Damn, I can buy the food that I will eat for the next two years with that money!!

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Eva said:
However, I would be very dissapointed if my taxes ended up being expent by jerks like Condolezza Rice in $3000 heeled shoes, particularly if this happens the day after a strong hurricane strikes my country.

well, you will have to prove that that's $3000 taxes that she spent on those shoes. That's a very tough thing for you to prove.

So before jumping up and down on her, let's gather some facts and make sure that you can speak authoritatively on your accusation.

Eva said:
Damn, I can buy the food that I will eat for the next two years with that money!!

And the money you eat for the next two years could very well feed a few villages in some poor countries. Does that mean they should get mad at you?

It is her money that she was spending so leave her alone.

Whatever happened to personal responsability? Accountability for the results of the decisions you make in life? If someone decides to spend all their money on crack, I don't feel that I should be responsable for providing them with more funds to be waisted on thier addiction. It was not my decision for them to sqander what they had, why should I have to replace it? You reap what you sow in that respect. Some people are just dealt a crappy hand in life and it may seem unfair, but then again, who said life is a fair game? Sounds cruel but it is reality. Hey, do you think the fly you just swatted wished to be born a fly? Or the Christians in Sudan being slaughtered by Musilums there? If you travel to another country, whether leagal or illeagal, you should prepare to take care of yourself to some extent and not plan to leach off of their system indefinatly. Some people do. I believe that to be very unfair to those who work hard to earn the money to support those social services. Of course some people are lucky in that they don't have to be responsible for the bad decisions THEY made in thier life just because of where they come from and thier social status:xeye: (Am refering to government officials)...personally I don't WANT to be one of those. There are many people who NEED those social services, and so there should be a better filtering method in place. Don't you think citizens should reap those benifits before non citizens? Otherwise the wealth will just flow out of your country into others right out the back door. Then your life becomes more expensive and the quality of your life drops, ect. ect.

What is the point of working extra hours or doing a better job if you get no extra rewards for it? If you give welfare to people for nothing that is just excactly what they are going to do...NOTHING!

CBS240 said:

I am not dissagreeing with you, the problem started when the politicians more or less took charge of conducting the war. If the Bushites would not worry about public image in the world and let the miltary leaders conduct the war and not keep thier hands tied, it would have a much different outcome. Politians are war leaders like lawyers are domestic leaders...:xeye: :whazzat: :dodgy: :apathic:

It would be unwise to think that simply blasting away at everthing that moves would be a solution to the situation in Iraq. As things stand the country is barely under control with only a small part of the population not playing ball. The sort of jackbooted insentivity in fighting the insurgents favoured by some would make matters a lot worse.

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
CBS240 said:
If you travel to another country, whether leagal or illeagal, you should prepare to take care of yourself to some extent and not plan to leach off of their system indefinatly.

I am in agreement with that statement.

Two things to consider: America is where it is today because of the hard work by the citizens and immigrants. Think about the Indian engineers, Chinese tech workers, mexican farmers, etc. We are great because of our absorbing the best of what everyone can offer. So we should never close our doors to immigration.

On the flip side, we should enforce our immigration laws and punish anyone who violates it. That includes the businesses that employ illegal immigrants, the human smugglers, and the illegal immigrants themselves. We cannot divert resources away from our needy citizens to encourage others to violate our laws.

rfbrw said:
It would be unwise to think that simply blasting away at everthing that moves would be a solution to the situation in Iraq.

it would be equally unwise to assume that blasting away at everything that moves is the solution to the situation in Iraq.

The "political image" of the US is why Iraq is the way it is. You can't just half *** conquer a country, you have to go all the way to establish law and order whatever it takes regardless of what people think. When the US conquered Japan in '45, it was done more or less compleately. After steering Japan in another direction, the soverenty of that country was re-established and 50 years later I would say that Japan has prospered quite well economicly. Quite a bit more than most countries who have been conquered in the past. It is more advantagous to the US not to have a "colony" but to have a friendly trading partner in that part of the world(I'm sure you can guess why). This can't happen if the leadership of that country is just one or a few individuals. I think this was the plan for Iraq, but so far it has been a half ***** process that I fear will lead to the break-up of the country...first time since it was created by the League of Nations. Wasn't that during the Wilson administration? Anyway, as the Shiite arabs then become absorbed into Iran, what do you know!...We now have a modern Persia complete with nuclear wepons. Talk about instability in that region of the world...:bigeyes: :bawling: :smash: :dodgy: :apathic::apathic:

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
rfbrw said:
Cheap labour is cheap labour wherever it is. If the immigrants can't come to the business then the business will go the immigrants.

That is fine in my book if businesses outsource due to more competitive labor forces overseas. That means the laborers will just have to be more competitive.

rfbrw said:

The first step towards being more competitive is to learn how to read better.

:)

Unfortunately the laborer in the US can't compete with those in another poorer country where the cost of living is one tenth of what it is here or they will starve and their children will have no place to live. Also the safty standards cost money and are required as is unemployment insurance premiums and workers comp. You cut your arm off in those other places then your just one more screwed cripple and nobody cares.

tlf9999 said:

That is fine in my book if businesses outsource due to more competitive labor forces overseas. That means the laborers will just have to be more competitive.

Competition implies a set of agreed rules i.e not imposing tariffs on imports, not using prison labour, enforced safety standards etc., in short, a sane balance between the needs of the employer and employee.
Without rules, in the long run we're all up the creep without a paddle.

The first step towards being more competitive is to learn how to read better.

:)

And successful competition means doing more than simply apeing the work of others.

rfbrw said:

Competition implies a set of agreed rules i.e not imposing tariffs on imports, not using prison labour, enforced safety standards etc., in short, a sane balance between the needs of the employer and employee.
Without rules, in the long run we're all up the creep without a paddle.

Excactly! this is why unions were formed in the first place. Although tariffs may be needed to equalize trade. There is no such thing as "free" trade between two nations of unequal wealth...economics 101.

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
there is a nice article a couple of days ago in the wall street journal on how the state and city governments have failed. it is a very nice read but a sad story to see so many people sleeping at the wheel and then turned to the blame game afterwards.

Not that it is more accurate than your typical eurpopean media but it does provide a different perspective.

One telling story: the NO mayor indicated his emergency plan is to get people to the superdom and wait for the fed to drop water and food and medicine and shelter and security.

He is so naive that it borders being criminal.

Everyone seems to think that the supply trucks should have been there right after the storm passed. Of course no one playing the blame game has mentioned that if the equipment was on hand there, it too would have been destroyed by the storm. This storm covered 5 states.

Of course the government could have set up shelters for these people in some of the many military bases that are to be closed.:confused: :apathic: They would have facilities and supplies on hand.

Instead they are just handing out money to people with no ID or any proof of residence in the affected area. I bet the crack dealers are making a killing on all this free money....wait it isn't free, at least to the taxpayer who has to flip the bill. It's absolutly ludicrous. :bigeyes: :mad: :dodgy:

I find it somewhat entertaining that these reporters will stand out in a storm like this just to prove to you that it is really a hurricane. I notice that after the wind speed gets above 80MPH, they don't stay out too much longer. Just once I would like to see one of these fools stand out(harnesed down) in like 160MPH winds like happened in this storm.(sustained, not counting the gusts) If a piece of trash didn't blow along and remove thier head like a bullet through a watermelon, that wind and rain would nearly rip the skin and flesh right off of thier bones.:dead: It is hard to imagine the amout of energy contained in a storm like this. No wonder the destruction is what it is.:( Just when mankind thinks he has a good bead on things, well...as you can see, we aren't even close to dealing with something like this. Nothing new though, just the world we live in. :smash:

Status
Not open for further replies.