vocals coming out of subs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
burnedfingers said:
http://www.pioneer-eur.com/eur/product_print.jsp?product_id=10485

We are both wrong....

I just found this Pioneer with subwoofer response from 30-2000HZ. Thus proving that anything is possible. No need for a high pass filter on the main speakers either. Just let everything blend and duplicate. No need to worry about placement either.

And if you want to believe that I've got a couple of flying pigs and a goose that lays golden eggs that I'll sell you real cheap ....

Getting back to the thread again.

The most common crossover point for reasons on directionability or lack of is in the 80 HZ region. The proper way of using a sub is for bass reinforcement in the lower region. The region that is lacking or causing our main speakers/ amplifiers to be taxed. To avoid bass duplication in the main speakers text material suggests the usage of a high pass filter set at the same frequency as the subwoofer low pass filter.

What is accomplished here? Well, the low end is now handled by another set or single sub if mono sumation is used. The woofers in the main speakers aren't being taxed as hard therefore clarity will improve as well as overall listenability.

Crossover points.

Commercial applications will always cross with a 24db per oct crossover.

Home high fi ...Some like a 18 db crossover over a 24db. Some like a passive setup. Some feel a 18 db per oct crossover sounds more natural. People hear things differently. Some can claim to hear a difference in capacitors or silver wire for example. Some hear a difference between different interconnects or speaker wire.

If your happy with it then use it.

burnedfingers said:
Just because two "High End" manufacturers list response in the mid bass region doesn't make any point as far as I am concerned.
What I am looking for is text to back up the fact that the subwoofer region is extended that far. You have shown me nothing so far.

***** ******!:bawling:

Those subs go up to 250Hz with the variable filter bypassed, for A/V applications (direct connection from the A/V amp, internal digital crossover).
Those subs have a second (fixed) filter at 250Hz.
Can you understand this?
Or not?

Just thought I'd drop in and say that subs are not hurt at all by running higher frequencies to them. Its pretty well known that a sub can run 250hz, it just isn't supposed to. The whole reason for a sub is to beef up the lower response, like burned fingers mentioned, a system normally lacks or distorts at using mids and tweets. In other words, run you sub no-pass or low-pass or whatever, its made to make lower frequencies louder, not run with the mids.

The whole crossover point thing, I actually run my sub with no crossover, while running my mids/woofers at 120hz HP 24 DB per octave. I get a very nice sound in my car and I can here some voices from my sub. My subwoofer box is what takes care of the filtering of frequencies, it has an almost flat response from 40-120 hz with a sharp drop off.

gday!
I think - vocals is realy coming out of subs.
sub - nice solution for music listening, but no higher 80 Hz.
any voice subharmonic should be deformed by sub. that's because voice - is most wellknown sound for human. it's hard to deceive... anything other sound - gitar, percussions, electric keyboard instruments - not fixed for our ear, but not human voice.
my statement is - voice must be play from 1 driver only, not more. don't cut it for the reason stated above.
that's why I made all of my system 2way floorstanding (20-4000 Hz, 4000-?????), or sub (20-80Hz) + satellites (80-??? ) :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.