Very simple quasi complimentary MOSFET amplifier

Well, that went pretty quickly as we hit 10 boards already, and then some. I don't want to clog up Ranchu's thread with a GB, so if there is more interest please PM me and maybe I squeeze in a few more boards. Thanks to above responders for quick reply.

X, if you need any help with PCB manufacturing, I could help in getting PCB like my CRC GB PCB that you have, of same specs people come to love. All the best, whichever way , its gonna sound awesome.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
You can also mount it on a simple shrink tube wrapped unit with coil (12 turns of 18ga on AA battery) and 4.7R 1W resistor inside the coil, located between the amp and the amp output connectors on the back panel. Prasi's universal board is also a good option but that requires one for each speaker.

FWIW, a 1.2uH 7A inductor with only 15mOhm DCR is tiny and costs peanuts. I am going to try these or similar...

http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/445/74438357012-1102381.pdf

WE-MAPI_SPL.jpg

Last edited:
@DACZ,

while l dedicate myself to the building of Cubie3 amp, my nephew would like to build this VSQCM amp making use of the (gorgeous) double sided boards that you preseted in the #1915 message.
Opening the gerber files, we noticed that:
1. both top and bottom soldermask files leave out one of the two holes made for the "+42V" power connector (female faston);
2. the "smdmask_bottom" file, which includes the mask only of 3 SMD capacitors, is a separate file from the "soldermask_bottom" file; could you explain us how we can correctly send it to the PCB fab? I/we are not expert about PCB design...

Could you kindly verify and advice us about these issues?

Many thanks
Nicola