• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Versatile and comfortable passive pre-amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In the next step ...

... I connected the infrared-sensor and Soft-Power-On auxiliary PCB to the VCPre and guess what: "Works as designed!".

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

P.S.: I have already programmed the support for the HomeTheatre - Bypass PCB, but it took me 2 hours to find out, why my "C" - program
uses the "{" character 132 times, but uses the "}" 133 times.

I do not like "C" at all (I have been programming IBM mainframes in Assembler during the past 30 years), but there is no way getting along
without "C" anymore currently.

Attachments

• VCPre 003.jpg
    VCPre 003.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 326
Gentlemen, I have finished the build of my VCPre, installed it into my test-rig and did some final tests.
Everything works as designed.

So I will start shipping your parcels tomorrow.

One reminder: the default names for the music-sources are "CDP, DAC and AUX".
If you want other names like "CDP, TUNER, Phono" (max. 5 chars) please tell me via PM.

I will send an EMail to the participants of the 1st round this afternoon.

Attachments

• VCPre 017.jpg
    VCPre 017.jpg
    406.1 KB · Views: 282
Gentlemen, I have finished the build of my VCPre, installed it into my test-rig and did some final tests.
Everything works as designed.

Congrats! Looks really nice and great to hear everything works as designed! Is it safe to assume Reichelt BOM is still the same? Have two weeks off in two days, so I have something to do :)

Thanks for all your hard work!

I am insterested in this preamplifier, but

Is there a transformer that works for the United States market? I know you can
build the unit without the on board transformer, but this would not be a clean
build. Let me know the exact name and number for the on board transformer
and about the US version if it exists. Great project, well done.:D

Anyone any idea how to filter/ground etc my "confortable passive preamp" to avoid appearing some strange characters on display when change an interconnect (not all the time) or some other parasitics comes from outside ?
Right now my gnd is connected to the metal case thru a 2,2uf film cap.

@Michael: the Version 2.1 PCB of the VCPre (the group-buy of which I will start next week) uses the TAMURA 3FD-316
transformer (see image attached).
This transformer can be used for both 115VAC and 230VAC mains. I will tell you in the VCPre Builder's guide, how to adapt
this transformer to your mains.

@Adrian: I have never heard about a "LCD-character - glitch" before. So this issue is specific to your build.
How long is the connection-cable? Is it a ribbon cable or something DIYed by yourself?
I do not see a relation to your grounding-scheme.

I will take the first 6 letters (the recipients can be found in post #236 for example) to the post-office this afternoon.

Attachments

• topview.png
    topview.png
    245.7 KB · Views: 296
Gentlemen, all of the letters of Groupbuy-round #1 have been dispatched (coloured dark-green) and are on the way to you!

@PALMITO, TUBO, WIREWIGGLER: I have shifted you to round#2, since you wanted support for a 115VAC print-transformer definitely!

@PatrickMartin, Ronnydepony, tome, marcus1: I will give you the Round#1 PCBs with the excellent Block ECO S3,2 / 400 mA print-transformer!
Be sure: this transformer is not inserting any hum into the VCPre's circuit at all!
I am not sure about the TAMURA / 300 mA print-transformer, since I have never used it before.

But since Jean-Paul recommended it, ....

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    21 KB · Views: 243
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.