VBITNGC building & comment

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Franz

Do you mean it's better that all GND wires go to the ground plane of the 'high current" supply?

Like this?

Attachments

• europcb2.jpg
    europcb2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 599
Again the two Dutch guys :D
Apparently not to many people are busy building this amp, or am I seeing this wrong?
I hope to make a prototype board in the next few weeks, a friend of me and fellow DIY'er has all the equipment but unfortunatly not much free time.

Hanzwillem, what about the sound quality of the little amp?

Regards

Hmmmm...

Would it not be a good idea, to test the pcb in reality, before going in "production"?

I remember some experiences with group buy :rolleyes:

Will it work hum free? Do you find a suitable space for the coupling caps? Is it easy to attach all connections?

Just two cents.

Franz

/Edit: another cent: May I ask, why the high current traces are getting narrow at the end?

I suggest to make use of the available space and make this traces as large and as symmetrically as possible.

/Edit /Edit: maybe another good advice to print a high voltage warning on both sides, for this single board solution?

Would it not be a good idea, to test the pcb in reality, before going in "production"? I remember some experiences with group buy

I'm all for that! I offered to post or mail the pdf files if someone was willing to make a test PCB, but apparently there are no volunteers :xeye: . I don't have the equipment or knowledge to produce home made PCB's.

Will it work hum free? Do you find a suitable space for the coupling caps? Is it easy to attach all connections?

Hum free,..... don't know yet.
Plenty of room to hardwire the coupling caps.
As far as I'm concerned I don't see any problems with the connections.

May I ask, why the high current traces are getting narrow at the end?

On Zang's board they also got narrower towards the DB9 connector!?

maybe another good advice to print a high voltage warning on both sides, for this single board solution?

Good idea, will do that. Safety first!

Regards

GeWa, the factory who is going to make the PCB's will make a prototype for you, with low costs. You can (and must) divide these costs over the total numer of PCB's. So all buyers pay a little bit for the prototype. And if the prototype works, you have a free PCB for your inspiration and all your work.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.