Valve Itch phono

Joined 2009
Paid Member
After changed the resistors and added HF RIAA capacitor the sound has changed, before I used:

R2 Kiwame 2W
R3 Takman carbon film 1/4W
R8 Caddock MK-132V
R9 Kiwame 2W
R10 Kiwame 2W
R11 Kiwame 2W

Now I use:
R2 Mills 5W
R3 Mills 5W
R8 Amtrans 0.75W
R9 Mills 5W
R10 Mills 5W
R11 Mills 5W

Now with the 2 dBs more the phono pre is more powerful, it seems the sound with the Kiwame was more clear but also more edge, I don't know if the difference is only the resistors because as you know I added the HC capacitance, now the sound is more round & warm & a lot of more dense like if was more information or harmonics, also is more punch.

What do you think?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
After changed the resistors and added HF RIAA capacitor the sound has changed, before I used:

R2 Kiwame 2W
R3 Takman carbon film 1/4W
R8 Caddock MK-132V
R9 Kiwame 2W
R10 Kiwame 2W
R11 Kiwame 2W

Now I use:
R2 Mills 5W
R3 Mills 5W
R8 Amtrans 0.75W
R9 Mills 5W
R10 Mills 5W
R11 Mills 5W

Now with the 2 dBs more the phono pre is more powerful, it seems the sound with the Kiwame was more clear but also more edge, I don't know if the difference is only the resistors because as you know I added the HC capacitance, now the sound is more round & warm & a lot of more dense like if was more information or harmonics, also is more punch.

What do you think?

Seems to me more like a Shure sound. But if you will feel like exploring sure golden compromise see with tedious HF little capacitance manipulation too.