• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Vacuum tube modeling software - beta testers wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Andrei,
Yes those are the ones. :D

I find Curve Captor is an extremely useful tool, and works really well. I'm glad that you put what was obviously a considerable amount of effort into creating it. Thank you!!

Any possibility that you will eventually add support for pentodes and tetrodes?

I am currently using it to create models for less popular triodes like the 5744.

I will share any models I make via this thread.

Just a note for those installing on linux, it will not compile with gcc 4.1. Install gcc 3.3 and edit the makefile to make it use that version of gcc. On ubuntu the generic gcc executable still points to the newest version installed when you do this, but you are able to invoke gcc-3.3 explicitly from the makefile. It will probably be similar for other distributions.

I also needed to change the paths in the makefile.

PM if you would like my makefile.

Now I just have to learn how to use it.

It work fine here on gentoo with gcc-3.4.6.

A question about the compile flags in the makefile. Are you sure about the -O3 flag? I ask this because I get wrong simulation results with the nec2 software (antenna simulation) and -O3. The best solution was to use -O2. I also know that -O3 can break the precision of FFTW.

I also get a warning :`-mcpu= ' is deprecated. Use `-mtune=' or '-march=' instead. I removed -mcpu=ipentium4 and changed march into -march=pentium4 (the same as my processor).

Hello Andrei,
impressing work - especially when ome has tried older curve fitting programs !
For me the program seems to work OK - winXP - but I have a problem :
When drawing curves the pro Voltgram insists on making curves for each 1Volt grid voltage, which is somewhat overwhelming when the range is from o to -200V ! - does a control exist somewhere under
the surface ?

Thanks in advance

Jan Borst

Hello Andrei,
seems like a hardware quirk - I installed the program on my stationary PC instead and all problems disappeared without any explanation !
Super working - but I concur in that an easy way of removing/moving faulty points instead of editing a list of hundred points would be nice.

Kind regards
Jan

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
dukhachvedau said:
Thanks, Andrei,
It's OK now, I suggest you make some more buttons like : File|Open, Close; Delet Marker or Move Marker ..

borst said:
Hello Andrei,
<snip>
Super working - but I concur in that an easy way of removing/moving faulty points instead of editing a list of hundred points would be nice.

Kind regards
Jan

Hi Andrei,
You helped me a couple of times in the past with getting your great program to run on my machine which it does to this day. The above suggestions would be great if implemented should you ever have the time. (Thanks for taking the time to create this in the first place.)

First off I'd like to give andrei kudos for Curve Captor!
I had a lot of free time on my hands last summer :smash: and made a butt-load of triode models using Curve Captor, soo I thought I would share them with you all. I bear no responsibility for any damage that you do to yourselves, your pets or your property by using these models: use them at your own risk... ;)

Includes PSpice, LTspice, 3f4, CircuitMaker models and PSpice models for MicroCap6.
tube4.lib is a library I used in MicroCap6 for testing. I hope you can use them and enjoy!

Cheers,
Wayne :cool:

Attachments

• cogs_curvecaptor01.zip
    37.2 KB · Views: 287
Digging up an old thread here as I have downloaded the mac version and it looks useful (at least for triodes) but is confusing as h**l to operate with no instructions. Is there a tutorial page? I was able to load a gif but the picture is too large and I can't figure out how to resize. Also it appears that I have to mark the axes and curves but not sure how to do it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.