V6 amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Your way make me feel a little bit embarrassment when you said connecting Speaker GND back to power supply better than connect to power amp board. However, many commercial expensive amp that are also use same as it.
I amn't sure about the better solution.
All my test say that power supply gnd is much better but i haven't the oportunity for an isolated input generator.
I always use my p.c sound card when testing.
This way,inp gnd and out gnd aren't insulated,may be this affect the results.:confused:

Sajti,

assuming that V6 relates to the number of output devices, your last design ain't no V6 any more, is it? It rather should be christened V4, shouldn't it?

Resembles somewhat the downsizing in cars' engines. Anyway, a very clever design :).

Best regards!

Yes it's something like downsizing :) But V6 is still in development, and I'm working on V8 as well :)

Sajti

Ready...

Sajti

Attachments

• WP_20170810_16_38_26_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170810_16_38_26_Pro.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 614
Could I ask why you have T24 rather than T23 diode connected in your schematic in post #32. Most cfb amps which use a topology similar to yours have T23 diode connected. Whilst your design obviously works, are you not throwing away open loop gain by having such a low impedance load ( effectively a 470R resistor ) for T27? If this is the case then will the distortion be higher than it needs to be? Or maybe I'm missing something - happens a lot at my age!

Here is the picture of the pcb.

There are some minor changes, as I had many BC327, so I use them instead of BC516. Works very well, only 0,1V loss on it... All values are on the pcb to easy implementation. Output relay is Omron G2RL2 12V coil version.

The pcb is Pcbway friendly designed. You can get 10pcs. for 5USD+delivery. Gerber is available if You need.

This pcb has connection to the housekeeping psu pcb, which contains small EI tansformer, and inrush current limiter, driven by the turn on delay circuit.

Sajti
Nice work Sajti!
Yes i need gerbers :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.