USSA-5 Build with Review

Hi to all

These will be the 2 or 3 different place I post asking for HELP.
PLEASE, I need the parts list, especially the resistors values. The one I received from Fab does not match the PC boards I have!
That is with Toshiba power mosfets and in the bill, it says please purchase the PC boards from Jims Audio.
I have purchased the PC boards from Fab please take a look a the pictures!

Yes, Fab did send over 41page PD file but that is not for these PC boards.

Patsconnexion has a 25% price discount on resistors until today midnight , I really do not understand why NO one willing to help. To me because I live on DISABILITY SUPPORT 25% DISCOUNT is a lot. Please, guys, I need the resistors value for the amplifier PC boards attached.

I am unable to figure out some marks anyway because it marked like RZ, RV2A, etc please I beg for help now 3 for times.

Thanks, Greetings gabor

Please PM me the components values so I can place an order before the sale ends
Thank you one more times!

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    273.3 KB · Views: 566
Last edited:
Hi gaborbela,

That was probably a long time ago and for the USSA 1 or 2. At the time we used to buy that F5 PCB from Jim's Audio but the USSA 3 and 5 required way too much modifications to the PCB, the reason why there is an official PCB now, the one you currently have. I'm also using the red revision of the same PCB. The newer one is more compact and has been further optimized, but I don't think you'll hear a difference anyways.

Please PM Fab for the newer manual as I cannot send you a BoM without his consent. If you bought the output Mosfets, just send him a picture or any proof of purchase and he will send you the complete manual including the BoM for the version of USSA you wish to assemble. I believe at the moment people are assembling the version 3 or version 5.

If you don't get the proof of purchase in time, don't worry about the 25% discount, I'll buy the resistors for you and you just pay me the price that you would have paid before the discount and I'll get the difference on my dime, I'll even ship them without charge.

All the best!
Do

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Gabor
To complete Pinnocchio response , ussa1 and 2 used Toshiba output mosfet with F5 pcb but Ussa3 to 5 uses lateral double die mosfet and they have a diffetent pin out compared to Toshiba.

I just sent you the manual of the ussa5 that fits perfectly for all designations with the pcb version you have.

Thanks
Fab

Joined 2016
Paid Member
I can't find a source for the suggested C5-C6, P16 where did buy them?

Don't think that particular one is available anymore? Search returns nothing on that part number at all (unless it is a typo).

Mouser has at least 10 to choose from in those values; Farnell a couple.

The silver tin plus the values on the end that example you see in pics on this thread do make it look like a polymer cap (at least that was what I thought) but it's just an ordinary electrolytic.

Last edited:
Hello Gabor

I mounted my USSA-5 with the same circuit version as yours but it has a missing track and when you adjust your currents for drivers it will shunt RV1A & RV1B.

;)

Hi
I chose for that place 100R +100R and 51R +51R respectively???
I needed to place my order before 12-midnight yesterday.
Should I use anything there? Obviously, I will try to read the instruction what I get from Fab yesterday. :)
I had on my hand only the one with the power Toshibas.:D

My fault!

Greetings

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
so it is just a standard electrolitic not a polymer type

Yes b/c I could not find such a high capacitance value and that voltage for polymer cap. Although this one has low ESR even at 100kHz and high ripple current. If you find another one with similar performances that should be ok for that cap C5/C6 purpose.
Fab

Last edited:
Hi gaborbela,

If you don't get the proof of purchase in time, don't worry about the 25% discount, I'll buy the resistors for you and you just pay me the price that you would have paid before the discount and I'll get the difference on my dime, I'll even ship them without charge.

All the best!
Do

Thank you, very kind of you!

The same time I hope you are NOT working to them.!!!

I just got disgusted :mad::mad:by them for the first time. I used to order (before I got sick 3-4 times a year, spent between $500 and $1K every year. I did return some items for credit before I got sick - now I thought that credit still exists!:rofl: I provided all the requested evidence..:rolleyes: they ask for this and that and again this and that. :rolleyes::rolleyes: The rest I let you imagine, I do not want to shine a dark image of their business. God bless them! :) Oh you get 25% discount they said on the phone, so are those who order at the first time ever or never returned anything with their permission for credit.
Sorry guys I get very upset when people play not fair.:eek::eek:
That all.
Until this happened I had a very good opinion of them, I used to love them.
There is a first time for everything! If this against the DIY audio forum rules please delete it all. Thank you!:)