• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Universal shuntregulator, "Toolereg" NS-10 PCB-GB.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AndrewT said:

When do we get a proto done to prove the 4 layouts are correct?

As soon as we are ready for that, it will be done. The last details are being finetuned right now, and this may include a nice little surprise for you guys;)
Both the NS10 and the reg circuit has been built and confirmed to perform as expected. Check out the NS10 thread for that. The compact reg version will be tested again, because of the very different board-layout.

:)

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Shipping cost

I've been looking at shipping options and Canada Post
Small Packet is probably the most reasonable choice.

The current rates are as follows:

USA:
||----------- || Surface|| Air ||
|| 0 - 250g || $5.05 || $6.56 ||
|| 251 - 500g || $7.20 || $8.55 ||
|| 501 - 1 kg || $10.70|| $13.25 ||

International:
||------------|| Surface || Air ||
|| 0 - 250g || $6.00 || $8.20 ||
|| 251 - 500g || $8.10 || $15.80 ||
|| 501g - 1kg || $13.65 || $31.0 ||
|| 1 kg - 2 kg|| $20.00 || $48.40 ||

The international rate varies slightly depending
on location. I've quoted the maximum rate here.

I'm guessing each PCB will be about 50g. Hopefully
this will give you an idea of shopping cost.

Dennis

Well, let me get this out of my chest, and tell you about the surprise that Steen mentioned earlier.

The Raw Supply is fine as is but some members (specially Steen :shhh: ) suggested adding the possibility to use a prereg after the first cap and choke (L) for the sole purpose of adjusting easily the raw voltage to the Shuntreg and not that the Toolereg needs a prereg, just to make sure we all understand this.

The prereg is in the usual LM317/337 sort of thing so nothing fancy here and we still maintain the ability to bypass these components using a Jumper on the input/output leads at the LM pads; so nothing has been lost here.

Master tester Steen has already done these mods on his preamps and reports that is much easier to dial in the raw voltage there using a trimpot to the adjust terminal of the LM’s and has no detrimental issues to the Toolereg performance.

As you can see this greatly simplifies the application of our Tooleregs and avoids the need to search and maybe buy new trafos for each application or reuse… a single trafo could also support various raw supplies + Toolereg combinations at different voltages.

As usual, Manu is working hard finishing this mods to the Gerber’s which should be finished any time now.

Cheers
:)

Hi All

Thanks to all for organising this group buy. As it is spread over 2 or more posts ,I think it would be good for all participating in this GB for the PCB layouts, final tested schematics and parts lists for both the NS10 amp and regulators to be posted all together for the benefit of all concerned.

We look forward to further developments as you test the boards etc..

Cheers

Gary..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.