Ultra Simple Class D

Here's my take on this amp...just managed to complete the construction today..so not tested yet. Inductor is T106-2 at 40turns of AWG#18.

Attachments

• IMG_0068.JPG
    IMG_0068.JPG
    694.7 KB · Views: 2,750
  • IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    627.4 KB · Views: 2,490
not more than +/- 50 vdc :D . I do not test with more than +/-50, few modification is needed and i`m not suggest u to go with more than +/- 50 with N and P channel mosfet. You should use another circuit with N only mosfet to go with hi power version, such as using IR2110 or fully discrete ucd amp.

... my pcb is just like schematic! whats the problem?

This is a big problem! PCB is not schematic. On a schematic a wire can be as long as you want, but on PCB wire has inductance. To be more specific: supply decoupler capacitors has to be as close to MOSFETs as possible.

BTW:
I don't see the schematic, because the attached one seems to be invalid on my computer. Picture would be better than zip.

norazmi,

Upon testing my build at 8 ohms impedance, I find out that those 220ohm collector resistors tied to ground was overheating. I'm using 22uh at T106-2 red core inductor and I'm only using +/-18vac for a test. BDs and the inductor coil are getting warm to touch. It does sound pretty good though...

One more thing, in the original schematic it was indicated 47uh for 4ohm and 100uh for 8 ohms. Do I need to add more turns on the inductor?

Regards!