• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ultra Fast Diode Bridge.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just a suggestion for those that live in the States. Perhaps someone with a Paypal account could arrange a bulk order to reduce the collective postage and currency conversion hassles for the group, and mail them via cheap 1st class postage to the individuals in the group.

I would rather pay a small fee for the handling State side vs the currency conversion and freight for the relatively small amount for my individual purchase. I don't want to give my financial history to Paypal for one purchase.

Just a bit of a headsup for you american guys, Kilowatski found someone selling diodes on ebay that should fit nicely into this board for $1.00 each. So if you want to try and get some on the cheep whilst you can have a look at the link below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7287&item=2596844068

Also, I should have the final board layout done this afternoon, and I will post it up here when I have it finished.

Right, I have now finished what will hopefully be the final version of the rectifier board, with as many of the requested features added as possible.

I have added the option of the different leg spacing for the capacitor, with 0.2, 0.3, 0.4 inch pitches possible (2.54, 5.08, 7.62 and 10.16 mm respectively), so most people should be able to fit their capacitor of choice onto the board.

Also, for those of you out there who would prefer to use the TO-220 two leged type diode (like the MUR 1520, or MUR860's), I have added an extra set of pin holes, that will allow you to mount the diodes and still have them sit centraly on the heatsinks.

If there is anything that people still think is missing let me know, but hopefully this should now be flexible enough for most peoples needs and we can get a few more people interested in the board group buy to see if we can get enough orders to drop the unit price down a bit more.

Andrew.

Attachments

• rectifier-rev5.gif
    rectifier-rev5.gif
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,140
OK, I have had another quote back now ofr producing the boards, but it looks like this plae will offer slightly better prices than the first couple of quotes I had back.

If we can hit about 200 boards, the price should drop down to £3.50 (per board as the initial cost for the photo plots is being spread out more.

However, if we can make it all the way up to around 500 boards, the price would drop down to a far more user friendy £2.50 per board, as we would get a discount on the cost of the boards at that point.

It also looks like I will be able to include the four terminal lugs required for each board, as they will only be a couple of pence each and there are enough orders to justify buying the large size bags they come in.

Andrew.

SK104....

Hi All,

I got this from Alan at DAU:

Can you confirm which version of SK104 you need as there are about a dozen versions of it.

I think we mentioned the 50mm version, but the floor is yours!! If we can agree a spec (maybe even a little overspecced) then I'll get the price.

Cheers

Jon :)

The version that I had in mind measures 50.8mm in length, has pins so that it can be soldered onto the board, a thermal resistance of 9 deg/W and will fit both TO-220 and TO247 devices.

If you do want to try and find a cheep source of these, bare in mind that at the moment, for quantities abouve 100 (only 25 actual boards), these can be had (without postage cost as I can pick them up from the shop) for 92p each from maplins.

Reichelt.....

Hi All,

well, it looks like Reichelt is a player at the moment. Just need to work out how to pay them in advance without the risk of sending Euros through the post (although I have never had a problem with the registered Airmail from the Post Office).

Here's what they said:

Dear Sir,

thank you for your interest in our products. We would give you some
information about the shipping to
great britan.

our payment conditions are: payment in advance
Credit cards are at moment not accepted.

minimal order for export: EUR 50,00

term to deliver: ex works

further details for shipping charges: per package
EUR 6,65
per kilogram
EUR 0,51
0,8%
insurance of value

If you make the order online via internet,
please make a notice in field >BEMERKUNG< that you want to order by payment
in advance "Vorauskassenzahlung
gewünscht".

We hope, we could help you, and are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards
Reichelt Elektronik

PS: In case of any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
telephone: 04422/955-142 fax-no.: 04422/955-212

I thought I'd include this info for any future Reichelt buys.

Please will you confirm your FET requests????

Also, I was looking at the high power AX thread. Most of the trafos there were doing more than 15V (more like 30). Have I missed anything???

Thinking cap goes on......

Cheers

Jon :confused: :)

Rectifier boards

Hello bigparsnip

I'm currently contemplating building the Aleph5. I like the idea of the rectifier boards as opposed to bridges and I notice that the majority of the posts for your pcbs are from people thinking of constructing the AlephX. Would the boards be equally at home in an Aleph5? Also, I attempted to place my name on the WIKI and had mixed results. My name shows up on the document history and complete list but not on the buyers list. But it's there non the less. Thanks for letting me ramble.

Jeff:bigeyes:

Hi, I can't see your name anywhere on the current list, or on the one that you did edit, so if you want to put up how many you want here, I can put your name on the list for you.

as far as the aleph 5 goes I'm sure these would be fine, as you shouldn't be drawing much more curent than most aleph-x's you may just be using a slightly higher line voltage, which as long as the diodes you use support will be fine.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.