• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ultra Fast Diode Bridge.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If there is big enough demand for those rectifiers boards, maybe it would be more cost (and space) efficient to go with those IXYS bridges? They are much easier to mount and don't require all that additional hardware (boards, heatsinks, lugs etc)? Just a suggestion ;)

I believe I paid $15/pc in qty of 10.

Attachments

• ixys.jpg
    ixys.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 824
fast bridges for D3

Hi, BP...great thread......I would like 3 boards...... I would also like to make life easy.....and have terminal lugs.........however it would be fantastic if you could supply a kit of parts.......however, this could be a large undertaking..............or even built!

Andrew please let me know if you can supply all the parts......

I think we discussed this on uk board order thread.....can you confirm that the diodes will take the load......of 23v and 8 amps bias............I think thats why you put larger diode sinks on......

D3 (Sunny Notlob)

Coulomb said:
Bigparsnip these boards are for 247AC stlye FRED's correct? I would be willing to try 4 from your initial order.

Regards

Anthony

Hi, yes these boards are designed for devices in the TO-247 package, wich contain two diodes per package (the diodes have just been paralleled here). I was initialy thiniking of using BYW99W-200's but almost any other typ that will fit in shold work (even if the cathode and andodes were switched I think you should still be bale to get something out of it, but the markings on the board would be wrong then.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
bigparsnip said:

Hi, yes these boards are designed for devices in the TO-247 package, wich contain two diodes per package (the diodes have just been paralleled here).
Here I go again. Doesn't the TO247 package have 2 legs in common? I plan to use the TO220 MUR1560. I'm thinking it should fit into two of the three holes for the TO247. Is this correct? Could you post the trace layout?

Hi, yes you could use two legged TO-220 diodes like the MUR1520's in the board, but you would need to match the legs up to the correct holes and possibly bend the leads back slightly if you wanted to connect to the onboard heatsinks.

I had never considered that this would be possible when I was designing the board, but when I go back to doing the PCB layout (again :bigeyes: ) later today , I will try and figure out something to make this a bit easier to do (probably just mark on the silkscreen which way round the diodes go in the package or something).

Edit:

By the way, the picture in post 25 is the track layout, it shows the top (red) and bottom (blue) copper layers for the board, as well as the silkscreen on the top part of the pic. If people want me to post the scematic as well, so that you can see what is going on I can easily do that too.

Right, I have put up a provisional wiki so that people can start putting names and numbers down. I will be updating this hopefully later today when I have finalised more of the deatails of the board and layout options. I should also try nad put up the names of people who have already expressed an intres in this thread, although I would apreciate it if people would make sure they are down on the wiki if they want to get boards with this order.

edit by pinkmouse: the new link is in the post below!

Doh!, I made a typo in the Page name, does anyone know how to change it, or can it not be done?

Right, I have now fixed the typo in the wiki page (well, changed the page), so unfortunately the link above will no longer link to the corect page (if a moderator could remove it - Rod? - I would be most greatful as it will stop people going off to the wrong page).

NEW WIKI PAGE

The basic Schematic is also shown below, not exactly great fun to look at, but it should give you some idea as to what is going on on the board:

Attachments

• rectifier-rev4-scematic.gif
    rectifier-rev4-scematic.gif
    6.1 KB · Views: 643
WIKI

My order added.

I assume that if we do go for the kit option, that we'll use BYW99W-200's as per earlier discussed. Perhaps those wanting a kit with other diodes could order a kit less the diodes with a correspondingly lower price.

Also, BP, do I understand that I could use this board with the MUR860s I have for my Gainclone project???????

Cheers

Jon :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.