Ultimate Open Baffle Gallery

Yes but values will be never published. Crossover frequencies are 400Hz LR2 and 2500Hz LR4.

Why not? Please don't act like a Bulgarian audiophile!
Here everybody reveals everything unless it is a result of some commercial effort. As far as i have used only open source and common knowledge I disclose everything. Only exception is Mathcad results which are disclosed under the simple rule of giving credit to MJK's web site.

Exactly where was the microphone when you took the measurement?

Last edited:
Climbing the ladder

Swinger! Wanted a frame to swap out drivers at will, 4" Aucharm is decently well behaved with a 300B , 10" 1.25 qts. woofers are okay with a EL 34 single ended.
Actively crossed at 500 hz.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    462.9 KB · Views: 645
The bass is still aittle weak , so it's augmented below 100 hz with two of these, discreetly amped and filtered with FMODS, powered with 4 channels of an old receiver.
No pants flapping, but nice thump, and more detailed bass than my homemade Yung/Dayton reference 10" transmissionline sub.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 1,407
This is my OB.
Eminence 15a driven by ljm l25d and w8-1808 driven by 60w kt88. Baffle is modified U-baffle, crossover minidsp 4x10.
Snaredrum kicks you in the chest on Eagles hotel california, allways thought that song was all about bass...
Theese speakers plays no real low bass, but love the midbass :)
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 2,769
Last edited:
I did consider rubber bands, but have none at hand, and the couch grabbed me.
I was only considering the rubber bands for the Aucharm, and may just apply a little sorbothane pad between the woofers' hangers and the dowel they are wired to.
Is the felt to dampen reflections, or to damp vibrations?
I've been thinking just now a similar frame with more rungs would be good to hang end of the roll carpet, or maybe soft foam on/through, with varying length of folds to help damp front wall reflections behing the speakers.
As for the woofer alignment, it just needs longer bolts to reach the balance point.
Thought of this last night, about 25 minutes before the lumber store closed last night- I guessed wrong about the depth of balance point.

Can't anchor a magnet lifter far enough back to lift the woofer dead plumb, it just de tensions the current hangers.
I will for sure try rubber bands on the mid/tweeter, thanks .

Can't anchor a magnet lifter far enough back to lift the woofer dead plumb, it just de tensions the current hangers.
I will for sure try rubber bands on the mid/tweeter, thanks .
The solution is...
Like you did on the mid-tw unit, just hang it a centimeter or more from the front ( you can try also metal L's )
And about the de-tension...well, you know...rubber :rolleyes:
But the point is to make the drivers "bouncing" i.e. oscillating at subsonic frequency, so much more lenght is required

The solution is...
Like you did on the mid-tw unit, just hang it a centimeter or more from the front

Thanks, I will use a longer bolt to hang far enough to balance the driver.

But the point is to make the drivers "bouncing" i.e. oscillating at subsonic frequency, so much more lenght is required

Do you mean the pendulum length is critical, or the de coupling of a springy driver hanger?
Or, perhaps, both?
Thanks for the pointers🙉

Springtime in November

Yes, a spring! Look ar " Linear elasticity" at Wiki page Elasticity (physics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So just choose the right diameter of elastic ( strains ..) related to the load.
Where women buy their sexy slips ...:usd:

Rerigged it per your suggestion with elastic bands.
After plumbing the woofers vertically, I put them back , tilted up 4 or 5 degrees. This seems to have less floor bounce to mess up bass and lower voice.
Can't say I hear an improvement with elastic over copper, but it's always a comfort knowing one has attended more details.
And these drivers have almost no time on them as yet, so who knows?
Thanks for the input; advice and inspiration is why I keep coming back to these forums.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    454.3 KB · Views: 1,623
Twin 12's, flat honeycomb neodimium driver and a neodimium ribbon driver.
Hand made pretty slowly, but now operational and they sing just beautiful.

Will be supported by a 16 Hz fs, 20 Hz fb bass reflex cabinets.
I wasn't gong to listen to them without the bass cabinets, but my curiosity was too big... They actually reach 30 Hz effortlessly, only the peak spl is somewhat limited with the 12's working this low, but there is enough headroom for enjoing music like this.

Designed with MJK's Mathcad 3 drivers acive sheet.
Quarter Wavelength Loudspeaker Design

What drivers are those ?