UK Aleph-X PCB orders

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As far as the IRF9610's go I was going to order a few of them, as they only costa bout 30p pluss VAT and duty once you get up to 100 so that shouldn't be too much of a problem, and I should be able to get some nice close matches from them.

Also, when it comes to digikey orders to the UK, they take care of all the import duties in the comonent price, so that won't be much of an issue (the resistors may fall under that price anyway, so I'll just have to wait and see on that front).

Jon, do you have any idea which design you would like to go for in the end?

I assume you will be using a similar power supply to everyone else (as I think you ahve some of the airlink transformers) at about 20V, and that you probably won't want something quite as big as D3's 8A beast, so probably the 20V 6A would be best for you with it's 12 output FET's (although you would still need to find the output devices as I wasn't going to order them, which cost about £1.20 each from digikey but you would need enough to match - so if you wanted some to be included in the order...)

Anyway, I should have a more comprehensive idea of the final cost later on today, just have to go and get some breakfast/lunch first.

Ok I have done a proper calculation of the price of all the components now (I haven't got the shipping quote for the dale resisotrs yet, but I don't think that should change things too much) and the parts come out depending on how many output devices you are intending to use (although just in case people missed it before, these are not included in the sets).

For designs using only eight output devices the rest of the componenets for one channel will come to £31.93

For 12 output devices £35.77 and for 16 £39.60.

These prices don't include the postage within the Uk, but I assume that will only be a coulple of pounds as the packages shouldn't be too heavy.

However, the price will include the matching for the IRF9610 devices for the differential pair on each board which I will do before I ship out evryones set (each board will need a set of two matched devices, althoguh they will not be matched between boards as this isn't needed).

If anyopne has any questions now pleas feel free to get in touch, with me, and if people would like to try and get in touch about payments too that would be good, as I will hopefully be placing the order early next week as soon as I hear back about the resistors.

Andrew.

Make your mind up time......

Hi Andrew,

I was going to get my own 044s and do the matching - once I get the rig sorted (like a chain reaction, only slooooower!!).

I would like to aim for 16 output devices - and am considering getting something like this http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=358918 made up.

Anyone up for that? I was thinking of blatantly using the same files as posted = four devices per board.

Jon

:)

As I remember those boards also contained a bit of the main circuitry on them and not just the output devices, so if you were to use them straight off you would be duplicating some of the circuitry.

That being said, I'm sure it wouln't be too difficult to make up a basic layout for the sets of four output devices in each section (I think you would need two different board designs, one for surrent source and one for the gain stage) that would do what you wanted though.

parts

Thanks Bp...................
right I have 2 boards with 16 devices 20v 8A bias = 81.42
2 board with 8 devices 20v 4A bias = 66.08
147.5 phew

can I send you a cheque......???? if so can you email me your address again..........I will send you a separate email ...shortly

Kind regards
D3

Hi BP

I would rather send you a cheque than use paypal at the moment as im not using my PC and dont trust it for anything other than just browsing the net, hope that is OK.

£36.88 *2 = £73.76

All i need is your address and to add the postage on too.

Thanks
Mark

board for fets

Hi Jon.......yeah I would like to go for board mounting....it looks real neat.......however the tracks would need some real thickness+double sided..........

I suppose there would also be a debate regading spacing......bearing in mind my amps will use 8 & 16 devices.....

But if you care to investigate it ... I would be interested.

Ok I think I finaly have the final prices now that I have everyone in who I think will join, and I will be sending you all an e-mail tonight with some info in it which should help a bit, but the prices should bea s below for the kits.

8 output devices, £32
12 output devices, £35
16 output devices, £38

This will still include me matching the transistors (I'll be keeping the spare IRF9610's from the order, as I'm getting a few extra so we all get good matches, unless anyone has a problem with that) and all of the rest of the bits to go onto a board.

If there are any other parts you would like (such the resistors for the power supply, although you can get decent enough wirewound ones from maplin for 19p each for this) just let me know in the next day and I will try and get it into the order.

Andrew.

Ok, I've place the orders now with Digikey and Wellbourn Labs (and RS should be getting done tomorrow) so hopefully the parts will arive early next week. So, if people would like to send me some money now if they haven't already that would be great. Anyway, I'll let you all know again when I start getting the parts and hopefuly how the transistor matching is going as well.

andrew.

Hi, I personaly wouldn't be intrested, as I only have a couple of FETs' to solder up, but if you want the address for the cheeper board house go to http://www.topscoreuk.co.uk and have a look at their prices as these are the someof the better low volume ones I have seen in the UK (there are others which may be a bit cheeper but they are not in the uk and I haven't tried them before so wouldn't recomend them quite so quickley).

Also, the output resistors turend up from RS today, so I have at least some of the parts here now, and hopefuly thre rest should turn up soon as well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.