UGS-muse preamp GB

Just a precision. I'm still getting some request for this GB, but I'm not the one running it, hence I cannot help you. You have to ask directly Alex on the French forum. Please forward all your questions directly to him, not me. Don't worry it seems he can reply in English

I was just making this forum aware of this GB opportunity. Thanks for your comprehension.

The muse is a volume control IC, same used in top pass labs preamps.

This GB is for a preamp project based around the muse IC and UGS gain stage. It can drive pretty much any amp you put after it, FW, BA, you name it!

It is a somewhat complicated build with multiple PCBs, external power supplies, SMD soldering.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
The muse is a volume control IC, same used in top pass labs preamps.

This GB is for a preamp project based around the muse IC and UGS gain stage. It can drive pretty much any amp you put after it, FW, BA, you name it!

It is a somewhat complicated build with multiple PCBs, external power supplies, SMD soldering.

...Except F4..:D for that you need Papa's LSK, BA 3 Front end or ZMs Pumpkin.

Last edited:
News, On Aug 29th Alex mentionnex on the french site that he received the price quote, that their forum admin autorized the GB and that it should start soon. Alex has some delay because of personnal mTter, nothing serious he said.

Stay tuned I'm guessing we should here from him soon with prices and payment request.

Again I'm just relying information from the french site, I'm not answering question relAtive to this GB, please forward all questions to Alex.

Thanks for your understanding
SB

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi ,

Just checked the spreadsheet, no update as to prices so we wait for Alex to come back online.

I have had the pleasure of listening to the original for years and i think that the introduction of the muse volume chip , not only simplifies the design a lot but also does not degrade the sound, quite to the contrary.

We are talking of UGS3...of course if you have UGS5,6....you can fork this design and publish here :D;);););)

This layout can easily be adapted to any gain stage ...just redesign the motherboard.

It is a very well thought out control interface and the MUSE a very very good volume control solution, as close to a universal Preamp control solution as you probably will get.

LSK, BA3 front end, Pumpkin, so many to choose from....

But i definitely will upgrade my UGS3 ( make another i mean )...too good not to.

Last edited:
Hi. On Sept 5th the GB started and the Payment phase is started as well, see Connexion

Prices are really low, and we are getting a real bargain here :D

There are 5 kits available:
Kit1 = All PCB, 65€ (all prices are + shipping cost)
Kit2 = All PCB fo upgrade, 38€
Kit3 = Control PCB only, 9€
Kit4 = Preamp PCB only, 17€
Kit5 = Small UGS module PCB only, 6€

Muse IC = 14.352€ (Price for 100 IC, from Mouser)

Alex ask us to check the payment Google Sheet page (english page available):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...lhxtWy9w-UnD_kjsFcUI/edit?pli=1#gid=722237733

And then to send him a private email. He will then send you the payment details.
It seems though that Alex will accept only bank transfer... He will contact each of us with the details once we confirm.

Eric D will take care of the shipping, you need to send him a private email with your complete shipping address.

See the French forum for details.

Last edited:
Hi. I just went to my bank this morning and bank transfer fee is 35$CAN! It doesn't make sense to spend that much just to send 79EUR...

I asked Alex if we can combine all North America (US & Canada) buyers payments that I could collect by PayPal, and then I can send him the total in just one transaction.

Let me know guys if for you it is an acceptable compromise and if you would accept to have me as a central point for the payments.

From the GB members list I can see AstroNewbie, PaulM & Regland as the others members in Canada. I don't know what are the username equivalents in this forum. Please communicate with me.

AstroNewbie is Dennis Hui on this forum and he agreed that I act as a central point for the payment. Standby for the two other guys.

Alex replied and he's ok with me to collect the funds in North America. See his reply below:

Re: Paiement Muse - Paiements du Canada-US
Envoyé: 08 Sep 2015 16:12
de Alex_twn

Bonjour Sylvain,

Ok je vois...
Nous allons donc avoir le meme probleme en effet avec tous les Americains du nord.
Ce que tu proposes, de collecter tous les paiements US et ensuite de me faire un transfert du total est une bonne idee mais ne vas tu pas avoir a payer les 35$ CAN dans tous les cas?

A bientot,
Alex.

Last edited:
GB Payment Grouping. Ok lets get organized here. From the french GP Google table I have for Canada these members:

Diyaudio username: Algar_emi (Canada)
homecinema-fr.com: Algar_emi
Alex_twn & Eric D: email ok
total: EUR79.70

Diyaudio username: Dennis Hui (Canada)
homecinema-fr.com: AstroNewbie
Alex_twn & Eric D: email ok
total: EUR72.70

Still waiting to hear from PaulM, Alex told me that Regland contacted him, but I still didn't hear back from him.

Diyaudio username: ???? (Canada)
homecinema-fr.com: PaulM
Alex_twn & Eric D: .....
total: EUR203.41

Diyaudio username: ???? (Canada)
homecinema-fr.com: Regland
Alex_twn & Eric D: .....
total: EUR78.00

Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi there all,
it looks like I'm a little late to the party here, but is there scope to get involved in the group buy still? I'd be interested in the full set of boards...

I've read through this thread, however I'm still working my way through the Google Translate of the French site. If anyone could give me a suggestion or two around the way forward that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

ps - oh! for us antipodean types, is there any way to pay? Or should I get onboard with the NA payment?