UGS adventures

jacco vermeulen said:
(inbetween Indonesian currency lessons, i'm starting to feel like Kirk Douglas on the Nautilus, only needs an organ for a perfect surrounding)

:D

UGS (cheffs module : ce sont les petits pcb double-face) are not part of Kit complet.
You can (must) order separatly.

http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29874953&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105

Can put you on list if you want (how much piece ?)

Manu

Edit : Why is the word "petit" (small) censured?

Dutch UGS-sandwich

Hello Gents,

We all know that the UGS-module is very popular in France but i have some problems with the language. Four years french at school wasn't enough.(ok my english is also sh.. i know):bawling:

Maybe someone can give me an update? It's still V3...or there are some new french tweaks?

In the attached file you can see my approach of cheff's design.
In fact i build 4 units and a special evaluation board to make a A/B comparison possible(with remote control). Every unit has his own supply. It's a kind of sandwich.
The idee is to test a lot of parameters to get the best result.
I started with different 'regulators(in the first setup was everything the same).

The printboard of the module is a little bit different. I little larger and more air between the traces. Also the routing is sometimes different. It's easy to make such boards at home. It's not so tinny.

Any commend? suggestions?

Gr.
Johan

Attachments

• ugs_bc550_bc560.png
    ugs_bc550_bc560.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 2,146
bc versus zetex

Hi Manu,

Thank you for the quick update.

Yes i know the dimensions of the zetex part fit better with the dual jfets. But i build one board first to check the DC-stability and even without the thermal coupling it's wonderful, really wonderful!
I don't become nervous of +/_ 1mV and my Aleph5 has input cap's i think.
BC550/560 components are very easy and cheap in the Netherlands. I have no idee if the zetex parts sound better?
Did anybody test it?

Gr.
Johan

Hello,

As said previously, I have just opened a new thread for the UGS PCB and JFETs GB

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116621

For all of you that have already declared their interest, I would kindly ask you to repost on the new thread, it will ease me to manage the list !
Be also aware that the JFET GB deadline has been synchronised with the PCB GB, that is Feb, 16th 2008 00:00CET.

Thanks

Vincent