UCD 25 watts to 1200 watts using 2 mosfets

Hi Luka,

My UCD is running, im set up circuit for +50 0 -50 vdc, but for the first time running for testing it im just use +32 0 -32 transformer, but im suprised after power on nothing blow, so i do normal test for the amp, at output if got any dc out and more... after make sure all is ok and nothing heats up so i plug in speaker cable then power on again then play cd OMG sound is coming out from it, really clear, crystal no noise anything even 0% noise except clear sound, power mosfet running cool even i dont put any sink on it, lc filter also cool all i can to say everything is runnig cool :D :D :D!!!

This is my first time build class D amp, it was my dreams before after build many solid state amp, i do believe myself to build this one because i`ve done build your halfbridge offline SMPS before, also using ir2110, its also because i`ve many stock ir2110 about 85 pcs and lm311 too, its easy to get lm311 here and cheap. Thanks LUKA for your good guide me, sometimes i just think i`ve very2 small knowledge here and sometimes i feel shame to ask you many thing but all i can say is many thanks, hope you can guide me more :D :D...

i`ll post some photos here for my first ever UCD :D :D

regards.
Azmi.

just felt like sharing pics

This is the same amp made by a friend of mine.

quality is crap... we have to thank nokia for that :p
regards,

Attachments

• 21102010.jpg
    21102010.jpg
    477 KB · Views: 1,601
Yes from original schematics, the amp still running at middle volume mosfet just warm a little, i`ll test and lets amp run non stop at least for one day before i made new one to mount it. Sound loud and clear, its connect to mohawk speaker 4 ohm 200w. Amazing its from small amp board, i like something like this i can save more space on my old amp box with this one, just small change i made change 1.8k 2w res with 2.2k 2 w res thats all.

regards.
Azmi

Hi Luka,

My UCD is running, im set up circuit for +50 0 -50 vdc, but for the first time running for testing it im just use +32 0 -32 transformer, but im suprised after power on nothing blow, so i do normal test for the amp, at output if got any dc out and more... after make sure all is ok and nothing heats up so i plug in speaker cable then power on again then play cd OMG sound is coming out from it, really clear, crystal no noise anything even 0% noise except clear sound, power mosfet running cool even i dont put any sink on it, lc filter also cool all i can to say everything is runnig cool :D :D :D!!!

This is my first time build class D amp, it was my dreams before after build many solid state amp, i do believe myself to build this one because i`ve done build your halfbridge offline SMPS before, also using ir2110, its also because i`ve many stock ir2110 about 85 pcs and lm311 too, its easy to get lm311 here and cheap. Thanks LUKA for your good guide me, sometimes i just think i`ve very2 small knowledge here and sometimes i feel shame to ask you many thing but all i can say is many thanks, hope you can guide me more :D :D...

i`ll post some photos here for my first ever UCD :D :D

regards.
Azmi.
GREAT to hear that, glad to help you, that's why I'm here. You really have 85pcs of IR?! Even I have only 4-5 :D

Hi Luka,

Yep i have 85 pcs accidently order it last year, okay, i have few ring core, yellow, green, gray black and i forgot few of it the core type, i have one large core yellow you can insert your hand through core hole, i`ll post some picture here, another have number it is ft-290-77, i`ll show you hmmm but most of them i forgot core number.

core has open ends? you means end of its leg? what about if i use 2 of it? maybe not ring core is more suiteable i think, i just ordered red core like ppls talking on LC filter for class D thread, what your opinion?

regards,
Azmi.

Hi Luka,
core has open ends? you means end of its leg? what about if i use 2 of it? maybe not ring core is more suiteable i think, i just ordered red core like ppls talking on LC filter for class D thread, what your opinion?

regards,
Azmi.
It has to do with flux inside core is does not travel only inside of core, but it has to go through air to get to other side of core.
With ring cores (toroids), you have closed loop, which keeps all of the magnetic flux inside. As you have now, if you would put amp anywhere near something like radio, you would disturb it a loooooooot

Hi,

This is some of my ring core i have..

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

regards,
Azmi.
Try posting pictures diffrent way, how you do it now is not ok

What you need is
url]........... .jpg and end it with

What goes between
is the URL of picture you are looking to post, in this case that would be http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/3820/21102010245.jpg, but note that there is no .th.jpg there, coz without is, that is link to big picture, with .th, it only small, what you are posting

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

is http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/3820/21102010245.jpg

and

is http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/3820/21102010245.th.jpg

My ?? would be, did you order the cores, or as samples? You can PM me