Tymphany LAT (Line Array Transducer)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
LAT

If they market it as the next "Blows Acousticrap" with big boomy bass in a small box, they could make tons of money for their investors selling mass market, but I wouldn't really care much, and neither would 90% of the others on here unless it actually SOUNDS good.

If this LAT is fudged as mentioned earlier in the thread by gluing speakers back to back is it not then, with six speakers, a stacked or three cylinder if you like ripole with the open back of the ripole working into a sealed, or possibly reflex cabinet. The only difference I can see between the fudged version and the real LAT is the greater number of motors. The cost of the connecting mechanism and the frame and seals could well cost more that the extra motors. I have always seen the two speaker ripole as more or less a large single pleat Heil anway. The way the air is moved, by squeezing, seems to be the same principle that Heil once advertised.
jamikl

That limited market is A OK for us performance minded types, but it's a shame that that usually drives the cost up...

Speaking of looks though, the sexiest designs for me seem to be function and engineering heavy. I love the look of a really nicely laid out amp interior; that would be much more attractive than say, an amp with gaudy wooden crown molding and big brass knobs. This is really true for horns too. Their shape is directly the result of engineering and unless folded into a box, can create some really interesting designs. The exception in my opinion would be that swan FR enclosure. I suppose after square watermelons, a square swan shaped speaker would really appeal to the japanese community. : )

The design of the LAT looks to me to be the most straightforward one although I am curious as to how the sealing around the push rods works.

couldnt finish it i was missing screws for the front.
and didn't have the time to finish the box,well painting it that is.
but should be working in 2 days.
the concept relies only on 2 magnets,the reason why it hasn't hit the market it's because they didnt' have any ready yet.
what i'm holding is a prototype made of aluminium,the others will be made of "plastic".
I feel confident that there should be good.:)

so anyone tried it yet ?
really interested to know how this toy performs..
will be waiting for the big version ... 700 i believe?
a pair of those could be interesting in a small room!

would like to compare its performance vs the drivers we play with in here...probably ripole or H frame

what is is about cost ?
why is there alwyas people that complains about cost ?

as far as i've seen..this toy doesn't cost 1000$ nor anything near it ..

if it delivers, i don't see why price would be a problem

LAT 250

LAT 250
I just built a vented box 6L with a 2" x 172mm long port... Not very impressed... I put it next to a 3.5" issobaric full range box about the same size... 3.5" sounded better... I don't know how they can compare it to a single 8"... Not even close... Any one else have an opinion???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.