Twisted X Overture

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AAAaaarrrrrggghhh .. :rolleyes:

What an idiot i am.....

Thanx Russ, your a lifesaver ! Thanx to you as well Nordic!

The fun part is that my chip is called ths4131 and just after the 1 (one) is another 1... and that made me think that it was pin1..
I,ll try to take a picture of it.

However.. after struggling with removing the critter. ( wich i glued on there in the first place) and replaced it with a fresh one...
It is now playin.... :D

Can,t comment on sound yet, i,m just happy it works :)

I,m shure once hooked up to my proper system it will sound stunning.. :)

Thanx Russ for all the things you do for us here at diyforum..!:worship: :worship:

Proper pics etc is coming later..

/Z

OPA - Board

Ok Folks,

A bit more info for you. Attached is a schematic to chew on.

I was curious about other chips and tried some experiments. I created a new amp with OP549, but with the OPA549 running with quite low gain, which makes it very very good since it raises the Bandwidth of the power part of the circuit.

Here is that circuit....

Now keep in mind, this circuit works... but I still have more for you. :D

Cheers!
Russ

Hi Russ / Twisted Pair.

Any chance of a board layout / production run?
I would just love to build some OPA 549S based monoblocks for my setup.
I'm using an Integra 80.3 with 9.2 x balanced outputs for pre-amplification / processing.

I would like a TI / BB only based solution (I know that the LM's are also now TI, but that doesn't count) for no other reason than design aesthetics :)

I'm also very keen on using switchmode power supplies, as I've go a bunch of 24v, 6.5A units with floating grounds that bridge into a -24v 0v +24v just fine, and would like the monoblocks as small/compact as possible.

Impressed so far
Jan

Last edited:
Ok Folks,

A bit more info for you. Attached is a schematic to chew on.

I was curious about other chips and tried some experiments. I created a new amp with OP549, but with the OPA549 running with quite low gain, which makes it very very good since it raises the Bandwidth of the power part of the circuit.

Here is that circuit....

Now keep in mind, this circuit works... but I still have more for you. :D

Cheers!
Russ

OK, but how about one with the OPA 549 inverting?
Is it substantially different implementing SuSy on inverting topologies?

Regs
Jan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.