Tweaking Onur's Singular with FE207E

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sounds cool, bi amping sounds interesting, you can setup each amp based upon what you are driving in the speaker. What sort of enclosure did you build for the paired 207+17h? Im looking at building a halfchang for my 207s, just wondering where i will put the 17h haha. Im thinking extending the face panel upwards and placing it there maybe. Or something of that nature

Hi beauistheman, I made a pair of Martin King's MLTL's at first then just placed the tweets on top in some turned wood containers. I could probably squeeze them into the upper corners of the MLTL's but I quite like them sat on top now....

Bi-amping is so cheap and easy when you use Tripath amps like I do. I even have another amp in the box for a sub should I want to use one.

:)

cool, sounds nice. Im building a pair of gainclones atm, lm3875 and lm4780. I want to see what differences they have. End the end, i could optimise the 4780 for the main driver and run the tweeter off he 3875. Little bit of a waste, but i wanna build some elsinore speakers after these, so i think i can biamp them later. Maybe ill just biwire the fostex, bit of overkill using a 3875 on the tweeter when it is probably the better chip to drive these fostex speakers.

What do you do for the rca inputs? since you have one pair of rcas, do you split them for each input on each amp for biamping? or do you do something else?

Thanks for the info again!

Hi,
I just split the inputs between the two amps and have quite a high gain setting on the amps themselves.
I was going to put a jfet buffer in there but it's not required at my listening levels. Well shielded inputs means no background noise either.... if I do introduce a sub I'll probably drop that buffer in though;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.