• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Triode Dick/FdeGrove 2A3 PP amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anybody here have any thoughts of trying to use a 5K PP OPT that is rated for 75mA per side with this schematic? I recently foung a pair of Chicago STD potted OPTs with this rating. They appear to be of high quality and I would like to use them. I understand the general current through the 2A3 is about 60mA. This would be close to the limit but I rarely abuse my system. Also, what about running the bias point a tad bit cooler? Maybe up the cathode resistor to 800-880R?
Jeff

Just so you know...TriodeDick amp complete iron sets can be ordered from Audio transformatoren op maat | Automatic Electric Europe and by E-Mail at info@ae-europe.nl. The name of the company is Automatic Electric Europe - transformers. If you tell them which of his designs you want to build they can quote you exactly what he has put forward for a design. They speak English but be patient...they are Europeans. Telephone nr. is +31 0224-296077.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.