• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

tray gear for CD-M4 and CD-M9

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Philips CDM4 / Marantz CD52 tray gear wheel

Same here. I can tell you that the Marantz CD52 uses a CDM-4 chassis and associated tray gear. The CDM-9 gear is not compatible.

Philips no longer supply CDM-4 parts, but the CDM-9 gear wheel is available for those who need one. Part no. 33192. www.chsinteractive.co.uk.

Has anybody come across a CDM-4 gear wheel? Picture attached.

Cheers,

Mike

Attachments

• rimg0366 cd52 mk2 cog cropped [web size]-2.jpg
    rimg0366 cd52 mk2 cog cropped [web size]-2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 713
Re: Philips CDM4 / Marantz CD52 tray gear wheel

Mike1968 said:
Same here. I can tell you that the Marantz CD52 uses a CDM-4 chassis and associated tray gear. The CDM-9 gear is not compatible.

Philips no longer supply CDM-4 parts, but the CDM-9 gear wheel is available for those who need one. Part no. 33192. www.chsinteractive.co.uk.

Has anybody come across a CDM-4 gear wheel? Picture attached.

Cheers,

Mike
here?
http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/electrical-components/cdm9-gear-pulley-cd-tray-phili.html

Marantz / Phillips CD Tray gears

Gentlemen/Ladies :

As I review the various posts to the threads concerning obvious
manufacturing/design flaws in the tray gears of CDM-4 and
CDM-9 players it really irritates me that no single response
has ever been received from anyone associated with Marantz
or Phillips. The answer to our requests for this cheap plastic
part is that it no longer is in stock or available. You would think that with the numerous posts requesting help in trying to find a source for these gears that someone/anyone from these
companies would have the decency to suggest a path to repairing
these units which many of us have upgraded and do not wish to
trash just because these firms have abdicated their responsibilities to provide for their customers. When we parted with our money to buy these units the least we could/should
expect is that with the knowledge these firms had with the
failure rate of these gears that a source of replacements would
be made available. My Marantz CD-72 has been defective since the mid 90's and it only survives because a local repair shop
cobbled together a fix for the gear. Saul Marantz is turning in
his grave as he observes this forum. D & M Holdings, you should be ashamed.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
But of course it is still available.
I'll check with my supplier on Monday for quantities.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=164075#post164075
The offer still stands, were it not that I'm not prepared to distribute the gear to all parts of the world.
I won't do a group buy either.
If enough gears are available, I might ship some to someone willing to do the distribution for all of us.

I'll keep you posted.

/Hugo

David,

Full details of obtaining CDM-9 tray gear wheels via Charles Hyde and Son in the UK (they send items internationally) are on my post above. Simply use your US credit card to buy.

Hugo has very kindly offerred to try and locate a CDM-4 gear wheel supplier if someone can advise him the part number from a CDM-4 schematic (which I don't have).

Mike

Joined 2003
Paid Member
4822 528 81329 is wheel #152 on the drawing.
If that is the gear you look for, it is unobtainable by me.
4822 358 10115 is the belt #141, also unobtainable.
The thread starter might still have some stock, we need to get his attention.

-=Hugo=-

Attachments

• 81329.jpg
    81329.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 399
CDM-4 spare parts

Does anyone know where I can find the following CDM-4/19 spare parts:
1) part number 300 40005: it is the pivot plate identified by number 52 in the disassembly diagram in the Rotel 855 service manual.
2) part number 013 40001: the small ball near the centering ring, identified by number 1 in the disassembly diagram

Those parts can also be used and picked from a broken unit.

Thank you.
Best regards.

Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.