Transmission line design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2014
Paid Member
For a center or surrounds you might want the same "voice", so I'd use the Duet drivers and crossover in small sealed boxes, just keep box Q below 1 for the center(if you want prominent male voices) and below .8 for the surrounds. That way you will match the tone of your mains, as TLs sound like low Q in upper bass and low mids. You can tweak the xover a little if you have boundary issues. Not an issue most of the time if your HT receiver can or does designate them as 'small'.

For a center or surrounds you might want the same "voice", so I'd use the Duet drivers and crossover in small sealed boxes, just keep box Q below 1 for the center(if you want prominent male voices) and below .8 for the surrounds. That way you will match the tone of your mains, as TLs sound like low Q in upper bass and low mids. You can tweak the xover a little if you have boundary issues. Not an issue most of the time if your HT receiver can or does designate them as 'small'.

The duet drivers would be too big I would think

Wouldn't the voice sound be more important in the center than the satellite I have always been told that when the receiver is set to 3.0 or up it try's to prioritize the voice to the center channel so usually the center have more voice and the sats on my receiver I know only are for ambient noises and I have only heard voice out of them on music and one episode of family guy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.