TPA3116D2 Amp

Free Shipping TPA3116 HIFI 2.1 Digital Amplifier Board 12V High Power Surpass TPA3123 LM1875-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
These are great amps: 3.5mm and 3 pin header inputs;2.5/5.5mm and screw terminal power;treble,bass,and master volume controls+tone pot.
Come with stand offs and screws and 4 volume knobs.
Electros are 105C.Have mute and I think remote on/off.
I have spent the last 3 hours listening to it via X's excellent 0.53 Karlsonators+an 8" sub. Sound really good.Power supply is only 4.5A But have 350W to put in.
Going to crack another beer-am on holidays.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Free Shipping TPA3116 HIFI 2.1 Digital Amplifier Board 12V High Power Surpass TPA3123 LM1875-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
These are great amps: 3.5mm and 3 pin header inputs;2.5/5.5mm and screw terminal power;treble,bass,and master volume controls+tone pot.
Come with stand offs and screws and 4 volume knobs.
Electros are 105C.Have mute and I think remote on/off.
I have spent the last 3 hours listening to it via X's excellent 0.53 Karlsonators+an 8" sub. Sound really good.Power supply is only 4.5A But have 350W to put in.
Going to crack another beer-am on holidays.

Great to hear feedback on this unit. Does one of the knobs actually allow you to change the low pass frequency of the sub? That has always been the main downfall of these 2.1 amps. This one looks nice though and they actually throwin physical knobs and standoffs? Unheard of for Aliexpress and at this price. I will buy if you say the XO frequency is adjustable.

Glad to hear you are having a good time with 0.53x K'nator. One of my favorite speakers. Which driver are you using with it? The single Dayton PA130-8 sounds awesome in it. About same SPL as dual Vifa's but has more mid range punch and can handle more power.

I've got the Breeze 2.1 with variable sub output. With a 19v laptop brick power supply the sound is WAY better than it has any right to be. Not rivaling my VanAlstine Fet Valve but hey it's so damn good for what it is and super portable to boot. The one thing I never could find info on is what is the crossover slope used for the sub output. Does anyone out there know?

4 PA130's should arrive today.
The ones I referred to have the vifas.
My son picked them as the best sounding speakers out of my six setups.
I'm building him a pair out of ply.
The 3rd from left knob seems to be a tone contol for the treble channel.
(if that makes sense).All the surface mount components are laid out behind the pots,but my old eyes can't read
them to figure out their function.
There is a lot of printed information on the back of the board;some in chinese,some in english,including 26 and 32db gain.

Last edited:
TPA3116 green board has arrived.
Un-modded Green board better than sure tpa3116 / modified YJ blue/black board (Speaker Wharfedale 9.1 ). better bass, no pop on turn on/off.

Attachments

• greenboard.jpg
    greenboard.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 595
TPA3116 green board has arrived.
Un-modded Green board better than sure tpa3116 / modified YJ blue/black board (Speaker Wharfedale 9.1 ). better bass, no pop on turn on/off.

Looks like the Audiobah green board. One of my favourite 3116 board. Yup, no pop on turn on and off. Too bad I burnt both of them when tried to turn it into PBTL mode. Enjoy.

Regards,

So taken with the sound of the $10.99 dual chip and $22 Pyramid regulated that I bolted them together so they're one piece.

The connections would have been on the back but I had previously used this enclosure with a YJ blue/black board which had no volume pot and was turned in a different direction.

To my ears the 13.8V regulated PSU's sound better than the higher power units.

P7190041.jpg

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member

No oscons on that board, just cheap electrolytics. Ripple current rating is 410mA, and the ESR (calculated from 0.16 dissipation factor at 120Hz) is 643mohm. They're awful!

http://www.lelon.com.tw/down.php?f=/file/14.pdf&n=P039.40VGA.pdf

Here's an actual OSCON for comparison. Only 120uF instead of 330, but 28mohm ESR and a 4.4 amp ripple current rating.

35SVPF120M : SVPF | Industrial Devices & Solutions | Panasonic